It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:57 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

World cup 2018

Agora : the Public Space

World cup 2018

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:41 pm

What`s your thoughts that England failed & Russia succeeded?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: World cup 2018

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:51 pm

£££££$$$$$$$

what else
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:52 pm

means the corruption claims where probably true
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Russia is too corrupt for it to run smoothly. Might look smooth on the face of things but there`ll be a large underbelly of corruption going on.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Cookie wrote:Russia is too corrupt for it to run smoothly. Might look smooth on the face of things but there`ll be a large underbelly of corruption going on.

Why do I get the feeling your holding back :roll:
I have a feeling this is going to be quite a lively post. :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Why do I get the feeling your holding back :roll:
I have a feeling this is going to be quite a lively post. :mrgreen:

There was an article this week in one of the broad sheets which was a lot more forward than I`ve been on how Putin has established for himself a little "mafia" to keep himself in power & the country running to his "liking". The UK press were all over some of the dirty tricks the Russian`s were pulling to swing the vote their way with "bribes". Looks like the press were right for a change.

As for Qatar getting the 2022 games...FFS ](*,) the country isn`t rolling in football talent....Might have to set myself up as an "English expert" & pimp my football services over there :mrgreen:

FIFA are a joke,the whole thing has been a joke & I bet that Frenchy Platini was laughing into his cheese & wine seeing England loose the bid.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:36 pm

but doesnt it tend to go to places where football isnt that strong? How many countries have hosted it more than once?

Platini is a bit of a clown though.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Scott wrote:but doesnt it tend to go to places where football isnt that strong? How many countries have hosted it more than once?

Platini is a bit of a clown though.

Russia is supposed to be a strong footballing nation or used to be even though a number of players were press ganged into playing because of communism [-X :lol:

Multiple hosts have been: Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina & Uruguay.

Platinin is complete plonka, he`s moaned on numerous occasions about UK teams dominating the European cup now champions league it is quite evident he hates the English for kicking his French butt at Agincorte. Or was that his great great grandad`s butt :-k

On paper I would have gone for Australia. They did a decent job with the Olympics, weather is quite good & are not a complete set of no hoper's at football like Qatar or the recent hosts South Africa who were average to say the least.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Cookie wrote: or the recent hosts South Africa who were average to say the least.

I thought that last world cup was dire.

do you think the reputation for trouble with some English ( and Scottish!) fans would have swayed some of the panel?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 am

Scott wrote:
do you think the reputation for trouble with some English ( and Scottish!) fans would have swayed some of the panel?

no

there are many far worse...............portugals sporting lisbon and benfica both have gangs of supporters that are surrounded by armed police as soon as they go away games..........strip searched etc,........very very violent and notorious for fighting, thats just 1 small country

germany same

turkey same

englands supporters are pretty soft by comparison

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:34 am

samurai69 wrote:

well said :mrgreen:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 am

Scott wrote:
samurai69 wrote:

well said :mrgreen:

lol.......when i said england. obviously as scotland do not have a football team i couldnt include them

i remember talking to a PSP (portuguese special ops cop) about the particular portuguese groups when they have a local darby they have snatch squads that go in to the supporters and pull out these "crews" and herd them in to local police stations so no trouble etc...........found with guns and knives and all sorts apparently.......even been bombings of bars that they frequent i seem to remember....definately shootings

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to General Discussion