General Discussion

Amir Khan

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Amir Khan

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Cookie wrote:
Came over a hill doing over a ton?

yeah, something daft like that.

I used to really like to watch boxing back when you had the likes of Benn, Eubank, Collins, Lewis etc.... I kinda drifted away from it when those guys stopped fighting, the guys that came through after them just didnt seem as exciting, with the odd exception like Hatton who was always worth watching.
I still think that an 80% Lennox Lewis would wipe the floor with most current HW's.

anyone remember one of the Eubank / Collins fights when steve collins made a huge deal about having a hypnotist in his corner? by the day of the fight it had gotten under Eubanks skin so much he thought collins was some sort of robot who wouldnt feel pain LOL! it was hilarious :lol:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Scott wrote:anyone remember one of the Eubank / Collins fights when steve collins made a huge deal about having a hypnotist in his corner? by the day of the fight it had gotten under Eubanks skin so much he thought collins was some sort of robot who wouldnt feel pain LOL! it was hilarious :lol:

Vaguely remember that & the fuss over using hypnotists to help boxers get through the pain barrier when fighting. Something to do with it leading to brain damage.

Benn was an animal & the rivalry between him & Eubank was legend :lol:

Most brutal fight I ever saw was when Benn beat that American senseless & the poor guy ended up in a wheelchair. It was one of those fights when either one of them was going to end up with severe problems afterwards given the amount of punishment they were inflicting on each other.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Cookie wrote:
Most brutal fight I ever saw was when Benn beat that American senseless & the poor guy ended up in a wheelchair. It was one of those fights when either one of them was going to end up with severe problems afterwards given the amount of punishment they were inflicting on each other.

watched that live ( on tv ) it was the best fight Id ever seen. tragic afterwards but at the time it was just amazing. Benn took such a beating early on it was mental when he came back.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Scott wrote:watched that live ( on tv ) it was the best fight Id ever seen. tragic afterwards but at the time it was just amazing. Benn took such a beating early on it was mental when he came back.

Mother in law thought I was nuts, I was shouting at the bloody screen nearly all the way through that fight. As you said Benn got a right tonking in the first few rounds, never looked like winning.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to General Discussion