It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:52 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Growing up

Agora : the Public Space

Growing up

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 am

When growing up what did you want to be when you had "grown" up in terms of sports?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Growing up

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 am

never really wanted to be like the top footballer or anything

when i was growing up i wanted to be bruce lee, then arnie S, but when i was doing particular sports i wanted to be the "champion" at that particular sport..........swimming i wanted to be the next mark spitz for example or athletics wanted to be the next daley thompson (actually always been into cross training) when superstars was on wanted to be the next brian jacks.......etc etc etc

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Baseball and Football (American) were the two I was shooting for, with Baseball looking the most promising. Unfortunately that ended a bit early, took a hiatus, eventually got into to lifting and like Samuari...Arnold.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Always was massively into football & played multiple times per day yet never REALLY dreamed of being a football star even though I played for numerous teams, schools & even set up my own squad/team in the area I grew up in when I was about 12 or 13. A team that I think is still going now with some of the original players.

Yet earliest memories were mostly of doing the Tour De France or some cross country/long distance run & being famous in those.

Go figure :lol:

Seems I`m coming back full circle. :-k
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 am

Cookie wrote:. A team that I think is still going now with some of the original players.

Yet earliest memories were mostly of doing the Tour De France or some cross country/long distance run & being famous in those.

Go figure :lol:

Seems I`m coming back full circle. :-k

known as the zimmer 11

didnt you spend time earlier this year crashing your bike.......not good for the tour rider
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 pm

samurai69 wrote:didnt you spend time earlier this year crashing your bike.......not good for the tour rider

Crashed it on the ice last year. Still suffer now with the injury.

Very lucky escape.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion