Change font size

General Discussion

General health check

Agora : the Public Space

Re: General health check

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:my docs pretty good,

wouldnt mind finding my test estrogen balance..........now i am older i can get test tested free now, could even suggest "Test" patches LOL

I would go for it.
Not a big fan of the patches or gel. If I had to go that route it would be injectable. However, keep in mind just because your test/estrogen ratio is off does not mean you test is low. It just may mean it is bound up. This was the issue in my case. The overall test was fine, but the free test, the important stuff, was borderline low. I considered the possibility of boosting the overall test to swing that ratio but feared it may just cause the estrogen increase too and then of course you have others things that need to be added to go along with trt.

I decided just to attack the estrogen problem alone (thus the DIM post) and so far it alone has made a world of difference. It is simply amazing just how much is effected if that ratio is on the low side, everything from body temp to blood pressure to mental focus to of course strength and stamina.

At the very least I would recommend every male get overall test and free test checked out and if possible get the estrogen thrown in for good measure.

will do...............next time i get a chance to see doc.............dont get much time off with gym at the moment, once i have staff (decent staff at that) i will look into it

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:11 pm

getting booked in for one of these health checks dealies at my docs :grin: should be interesting..... I'll ask him to check my awesomeness levels, I can only assume they will be very high ;-)
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 am

find out all the checks they do scott, and if theres any cost involved...............cheers!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:37 am

A lot will depend on your individual GP being willing to do it but nigh on all the services that BUPA are offering in there health check are going to be available on the NHS. If you ask for a general health check at your local GP, unless you have something you are specifically concerned with,You'll be asked if you feel fit and well in yourself and told you not to worry, and rightly so, worrying about it will raise your blood pressure!

Westy, you're 26, as long as you feel fit and well in yourself I shouldn't bother unless you have some sign or symptom of a serious underlying problem. If you have £300 to throw away buy a squat stand and barbell set or a series of kettlebells or some other useful bit of kit that will make a real difference to your health rather than paying in to some Doctor's Porsche fund.
Chris
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 am

samurai69 wrote:find out all the checks they do scott, and if theres any cost involved...............cheers!

will do.
I'll be going for the freebies but if there are any 'extras' I'll take note :grin:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby westy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated
westy
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

westy wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated

Your welcome :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to General Discussion