It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:55 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

WTF?

Agora : the Public Space

WTF?

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: WTF?

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 am

](*,)

Im not convinced its the optimum way to to make the best gains ;-)

people are strange!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Scott wrote:people are strange!

You can say that again.

Have said this countless times & I`ll stick by it.

I don`t like women in the gym when I train, never have never will. Too much of a distraction because, by choice or not, they draw attention to themselves & that can get dangerous. And they are the worst I`ve ever met for jumping on a machine your using as soon as you get off after a set, no manners, no asking if you`ve finished they just help their bloody selves [-X

If I owned a gym they wouldn`t be allowed in =; and if they were it wouldn`t be on the same days as the blokes.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Cookie wrote:Have said this countless times & I`ll stick by it.
I don`t like women in the gym when I train, never have never will. Too much of a distraction because, by choice or not, they draw attention to themselves & that can get dangerous. And they are the worst I`ve ever met for jumping on a machine your using as soon as you get off after a set, no manners, no asking if you`ve finished they just help their bloody selves [-X
If I owned a gym they wouldn`t be allowed in =; and if they were it wouldn`t be on the same days as the blokes.

While I understand your point, I only see that in certain type of gyms, ones I really do not train in. In the gyms I do train in, yes they do draw attention, but from what I see they also increase the general intensity of the gym and that is much needed in this age.

btw, what the hell were you searching for to get to that video? :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Savage » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:23 pm

why am i strangely intriged??
Savage
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Theres only been the one gym that the women used to annoy me but it was a 'fitness' type place and tbh most people in there used to be quite annoying. Everyone was ingnorant of gym etiquette in that place. The more hardcore gyms Ive trained in the women have been good to train with.
It was a woman BBer who showed me the ropes when I first started training, she was cool.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 am

Ana trained in portugal and the rest of the female clients all trained hard...........they obviously learned gym etiquette

here we have a few women, they all train hard, and pound for pound lift as much as or more than some of the men, or want to learn and lift heavy

in the gym i trained at the women stayed on the cardio side and guys got on with it on the free weights side
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 am

Melas Zomos wrote:While I understand your point, I only see that in certain type of gyms, ones I really do not train in. In the gyms I do train in, yes they do draw attention, but from what I see they also increase the general intensity of the gym and that is much needed in this age

I`ll admit to training with a woman & learning how to cable row correctly from said woman but I still find them too distracting either via males spending too much time copping an eye full or letting their ego`s get the better of them to impress the female of the species.

It was proved that boys studied harder & got far better grades when they were in single sexed classrooms.

Melas Zomos wrote:btw, what the hell were you searching for to get to that video? :finga:

Can`t remember, it just happened to be there on the recommended section :lol:

Savage wrote:why am i strangely intriged??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott wrote:Theres only been the one gym that the women used to annoy me but it was a 'fitness' type place and tbh most people in there used to be quite annoying. Everyone was ingnorant of gym etiquette in that place. The more hardcore gyms Ive trained in the women have been good to train with.
It was a woman BBer who showed me the ropes when I first started training, she was cool.

samurai69 wrote:Ana trained in portugal and the rest of the female clients all trained hard...........they obviously learned gym etiquette

here we have a few women, they all train hard, and pound for pound lift as much as or more than some of the men, or want to learn and lift heavy

in the gym i trained at the women stayed on the cardio side and guys got on with it on the free weights side

Now I`m just sounding like a male chauvinistic pig :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

Cookie wrote:Now I`m just sounding like a male chauvinistic pig :lol:

Well..... if you dont let females in the gym then who is going to put all the weights back? :mrgreen:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Scott wrote:Well..... if you dont let females in the gym then who is going to put all the weights back? :mrgreen:

Or clean the toilets :-k

And then you have all the "snurging" going on in the cardio area :vom:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 am

Cookie wrote:WTF 2 :shock:

what a bunch of sluts.
At least it was simple to sign up. ;-)