It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Top Gear

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Top Gear

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:but can he get i player in US........i couldnt in portugal!!! :finga:

UK IP addresses only. Unless there is some way around that.

that thing i posted should work ok then

it did in portugal

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Great episode last night.

The section on the railways had me in stitches. (I'll refrain from given details so not to spoil it for Melos).

How the hell they got permission to do what they did is any ones guess.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah I am going to wait for them to run it on bbcam. The linked worked but it was a ton of popups and then they wanted me to sign up for something. Don't need to see it that bad.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Yeah I am going to wait for them to run it on bbcam. The linked worked but it was a ton of popups and then they wanted me to sign up for something. Don't need to see it that bad.

its a great programme, omnce you go full screen they dont pop up.............also the sign up is not necessary

i have watched series 1 to 3 of "The Closer" a US cop show on there................nearly 40 episodes and never had a problem

even watched 1/2 of an episode of the "US" top gear show................ evn that was too much LOL

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

samurai69 wrote:even watched 1/2 of an episode of the "US" top gear show................ evn that was too much LOL.

You made it farther than me and I live here :shock:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:45 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:even watched 1/2 of an episode of the "US" top gear show................ evn that was too much LOL.

You made it farther than me and I live here :shock:

lol ............. well it was a muscle car one so it held my interest a litle longer

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm

On the topic of top gear. Saw part of an old program other night where they supped up a smart car to make it go faster. This reminded me of the day before when I was at some traffic lights next to a smart car, lights turned to green & I left it standing for a good 100 yards :lol:

Who the hell buys these cars & why?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Showing the American version on BBC3.

Managed 12.41 minutes & its getting switched off.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 pm

1 min 45 seconds was enough for me

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 am

samurai69 wrote:1 min 45 seconds was enough for me

I must be the braver pf the two of us :lol:

Don't know what it is but American shows are just so bloody characterless & the way the presenters always seem to talk in that idiotic way with their voices constantly going up & down in an excitable manner whilst talking to you as if your an idiot. Too much time talking off an auto-cue & not enough going on in their heads that they can free wheel a conversation.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to General Discussion