It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:19 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure fails drugs test

Agora : the Public Space

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure fails drugs test

Postby Savage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:05 am

Well another high profile case where you think some has it all and they go and dabble with silly stuff!!
Bit strange in this case me thinks as he aint no spring chicken hes tried and tested he has nothing to prove so how long has he been taking it? Not that its clear yet what the banned substance is.
Could be the fault of the support staff giving him stuff as in the case of the two south african rugby players a few months back. Just makes me think how many people are on certain no no's when they have so much to lose. I mean he's at an age where if they throw the book at him he might not play again.
Thats my two cents.
Savage
Helot
Helot

Re: Manchester City defender Kolo Toure fails drugs test

Postby samurai69 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 am

Savage wrote:Well another high profile case where you think some has it all and they go and dabble with silly stuff!!
Bit strange in this case me thinks as he aint no spring chicken hes tried and tested he has nothing to prove so how long has he been taking it? Not that its clear yet what the banned substance is.
Could be the fault of the support staff giving him stuff as in the case of the two south african rugby players a few months back. Just makes me think how many people are on certain no no's when they have so much to lose. I mean he's at an age where if they throw the book at him he might not play again.
Thats my two cents.

most of the drug testing there is for recreational drugs, so probably one of those
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm

we had a guy up here in the spl who got banned for failing a drug test, turned out he used USN xedra cut. He asked 2 different retailers if it contained any banned substances and also asked club staff (Hamiltion fc) they all said it was ok........... then he got banned!

I heard toure took a diet supp (as in fat loss type diet) dunno if thats true but I wouldnt be surprised.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Savage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Scott wrote:we had a guy up here in the spl who got banned for failing a drug test, turned out he used USN xedra cut. He asked 2 different retailers if it contained any banned substances and also asked club staff (Hamiltion fc) they all said it was ok........... then he got banned!

I heard toure took a diet supp (as in fat loss type diet) dunno if thats true but I wouldnt be surprised.

Yeah thats what more or less to Chiliboy Ralepelle and Bjorn Basson the south african pair they where given supplements by the team management and failed.
Savage
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Saw it on the news this morning & they seemed a little resistant to saying what he had actually tested positive for.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 am

Cookie wrote:Saw it on the news this morning & they seemed a little resistant to saying what he had actually tested positive for.

they always are

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:32 am

Cookie wrote:Saw it on the news this morning & they seemed a little resistant to saying what he had actually tested positive for.

I think it sells more newspapers and gets more viewers on TV if a footballer failed a drug test for a known substance instead of 'failed for using an over the counter sports supplement'.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm

paper today said it was his wife`s "diet" pill :roll:

What the pharmaceutical version or the "Chinese" herb variety.

But they are still not say exactly what he has tested positive for [-X
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion