It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am
Change font size

General Discussion

End of the world

Agora : the Public Space

End of the world

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

With it only being about 22 months away, according to the Mayan calendar, do you believe it will happen given events this past 2-3 years or is it just another misinterpretation of their calendar?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: End of the world

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Cookie wrote:With it only being about 22 months away, according to the Mayan calendar, do you believe it will happen given events this past 2-3 years or is it just another misinterpretation of their calendar?

who gives a fuck
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:41 pm

world ends..........whos going to know or care
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Cookie wrote:With it only being about 22 months away, according to the Mayan calendar, do you believe it will happen given events this past 2-3 years or is it just another misinterpretation of their calendar?

misinterpretation of their calendar by some new age twat. Apart from the whole 'predicting the future' thing, The mayans didnt have one calendar they had lots. Their calendars interlocked so when one age ended another began. Their long count calendar ends on that date but another begins, they were all about cycles.
They used to sacrifice people to make it rain as well but you dont see many people going on about how clever they were on that score!
Im sure we will manage to blow up or destroy the world at some point though.

The Mayans were pure mental and we would have had more information about them if that catholic priest hadnt destroyed all the written texts from them but I suppose thats what they get for not following the same relgion as him.

Im such a geek for ancient shit like this :oops: mayans, Incas...... whatever, all that stuff is awesome.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Scott wrote:misinterpretation of their calendar by some new age twat. Apart from the whole 'predicting the future' thing, The mayans didnt have one calendar they had lots. Their calendars interlocked so when one age ended another began. Their long count calendar ends on that date but another begins, they were all about cycles.
They used to sacrifice people to make it rain as well but you dont see many people going on about how clever they were on that score!
Im sure we will manage to blow up or destroy the world at some point though.

The Mayans were pure mental and we would have had more information about them if that catholic priest hadnt destroyed all the written texts from them but I suppose thats what they get for not following the same relgion as him.

Im such a geek for ancient shit like this :oops: mayans, Incas...... whatever, all that stuff is awesome.

Oh a man after my own heart :lol:

You ever read "Conquest of the Incas"?

Yep, the Papal Val were a right set of pricks for burning all their ancient history [-X
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm

I am sure we are heading to some kind of disaster, but no I do not think it will be end of the world worthy.
Although I would have to take my hat off to the Mayans IF they did call this one. Of course that is only if I have long enough to take it off before I go poof!

I think Scott has this one called right, but I suppose we won't know for sure for another 22 months?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Cookie wrote:You ever read "Conquest of the Incas"?

not read that. I like the Inca stuff as well.
With the ancient history thing I tend to watch more than I read about it. TBH I hate TV so much these days I only ever watch Discovery or National Geo..... and the odd ninja warrior here and there.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I am sure we are heading to some kind of disaster, but no I do not think it will be end of the world worthy.
Although I would have to take my hat off to the Mayans IF they did call this one. Of course that is only if I have long enough to take it off before I go poof!

I think Scott has this one called right, but I suppose we won't know for sure for another 22 months?

My line of thought has always been that as a species/planet we`ve gone through this same process many times before, from Mu to Atlantis & other such tales of apocalyptic destruction. I definitely think that as an intelligent species we are far older than current science has us believe & its only because of these past disasters that some much has been lost/destroyed.

Scott wrote:not read that. I like the Inca stuff as well.

Worth picking up & usually not very expensive off Amazon.

People slate/slag off the Nazis & Stalin for recent acts of genocide. The conquistadores could show the pai of them how to enslave nations & systematically work them to death in their quest for gold & riches. The book at times gives you a lump in your throat & an adrenaline surge from anger once you get to all the death, destruction, lies & broken promises that happened.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Cookie wrote:
Worth picking up & usually not very expensive off Amazon.

might just do that, sounds good.
There seems to be a lot of end of the world senarios from every type of people - religous, cult, tribal..... and the 'end' always seems to be coming in the lifetime of the people going on about it. Almost like they would be lost if they didnt have this apocolypse hanging over their shoulder!

Just makes me think of a certain Iron Maiden song :supz:

Cookie wrote: we are far older than current science has us believe

too true, some of us more than others
xxsamleg

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 am

Scott wrote:There seems to be a lot of end of the world senarios from every type of people - religous, cult, tribal..... and the 'end' always seems to be coming in the lifetime of the people going on about it. Almost like they would be lost if they didnt have this apocolypse hanging over their shoulder!

You see that is why it has always had me believing that we are older than science makes out. Too many cultures with these similar apocalyptic disasters. The Inca one of the white man coming across the seas as their deliverer ring true of some of what is supposed to have happened during the destruction of Atlantis. Unfortunately for them they were the Conquistadores & they nearly got wiped out. The so called Piri Reis(sp) map (and some others by all accounts) showing the outlines of Antarctica, yet we didn`t know about that till after radar was used in the 1950`s to map the place.

The list is endless.

Just makes me think of a certain Iron Maiden song :supz:

Before or after Seventh Son of the Seventh Son?

Scott wrote:too true, some of us more than others
xxsamleg

Amen to that. He does creek a bit in the mornings :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Scott wrote:
too true, some of us more than others
xxsamleg

Cookie wrote:Amen to that. He does creek a bit in the mornings :lol:

creek isnt the word.............cracks pops................sound like a bowl of rice crispies in the morning

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Before or after Seventh Son of the Seventh Son?

I was actually thinking about "Die with your boots on" :supz:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Next

Return to General Discussion