It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am
Change font size

General Discussion

End of the world

Agora : the Public Space

Re: End of the world

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I think Japan might argue the point after that quake.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Cookie wrote:
Scott wrote:There seems to be a lot of end of the world senarios from every type of people - religous, cult, tribal..... and the 'end' always seems to be coming in the lifetime of the people going on about it. Almost like they would be lost if they didnt have this apocolypse hanging over their shoulder!

You see that is why it has always had me believing that we are older than science makes out. Too many cultures with these similar apocalyptic disasters. The Inca one of the white man coming across the seas as their deliverer ring true of some of what is supposed to have happened during the destruction of Atlantis. Unfortunately for them they were the Conquistadores & they nearly got wiped out. The so called Piri Reis(sp) map (and some others by all accounts) showing the outlines of Antarctica, yet we didn`t know about that till after radar was used in the 1950`s to map the place.

The list is endless.

I am sure everyone has seen the brutal footage of Japan. We also seem to be in agreement that the end of the world 2012 is just hype, but what would it take, how many more scenarios such as Japan or similar to make you really start believing it is more than ancient religious propaganda or the like?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I am sure everyone has seen the brutal footage of Japan. We also seem to be in agreement that the end of the world 2012 is just hype, but what would it take, how many more scenarios such as Japan or similar to make you really start believing it is more than ancient religious propaganda or the like?

The Japanese footage is breathtaking but in a sense of "oh my word, nature kicks ass" & it goes to show we are only lodgers here because so much could happen to take everything away.

The way we have been having an increase in natural disasters, Tsunami`s, earthquakes, torrential rain & draughts you get the feeling mother nature is telling us something. There is a huge crater under the sea off Mexico which was supposed to have helped wipe out the dinosaurs which is huge. You see the size of that & the mind boggles at the size of the Tsunami that resulted from such an impact. I`m sure it was suggested that it must have gone round the entire earth it was that big.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

i remember some of the atlantic storms we had on the coast in portugal, the noise even of the sea forcing its way in and the power of the waves washing and near capsizing the larger boats moored waiting to go in to lisbon...............

very powerfull stuff
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:42 am

Well I'm still here.

Or its a dam good copy of reality.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 am

Is it not supposed to be a significant new beginning? Not that anything seems different and I am glad as I get free food today at works crimbo lunch so happy about that.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Damn! You guys got it off easy! I am fighting off Zombies by the hundreds and dodging meteors at the same time. Don't know how long I can hold out here, but I love you guys....
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm

lil john wrote:Is it not supposed to be a significant new beginning? Not that anything seems different and I am glad as I get free food today at works crimbo lunch so happy about that.

A lot of the "alternative history" stuff I used to read all revolved around it being a the end of civilisation(s) through various means. But not a complete ending of the world.

Melas Zomos wrote:Damn! You guys got it off easy! I am fighting off Zombies by the hundreds and dodging meteors at the same time. Don't know how long I can hold out here, but I love you guys....

If anyone can save the rest of us you can :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 pm

your welcome!
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby thisischarlie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

did I miss it?
thisischarlie
Helot
Helot

Previous

Return to General Discussion