It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:12 am
Change font size

General Discussion

are we all OCD to some degree

Agora : the Public Space

are we all OCD to some degree

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:54 pm

at the gym i am bad, a place for everything and everything in its place......proper order when people train and how they leave things in the gym etc

at home its far less ............ admitedly i hate things just being chucked down, but if you put them down unevenlky but with purpose i am ok about it

anyone else???
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: are we all OCD to some degree

Postby SpageHopkins » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 pm

No its just you

I am a slob
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:00 pm

SpageHopkins wrote:No its just you

I am a slob

maybe, but in the gym you keep it tidy which is appreciated

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:12 pm

I`m OCD in other ways. Mostly around training.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm

In the gym, most certainly as this is not your residence no matter how much time you spend in there. In essence you are a guest and should treat it with respect. You do not go into someone's house and start messing things up. Granted things are not going to get put back exactly how the owner wants them all the time, but an effort needs to be made.

At home, no. It is my house and I will leave things all over the place. Not worth the stress of constantly having things in their exact and proper places all the time.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:In the gym, most certainly as this is not your residence no matter how much time you spend in there. In essence you are a guest and should treat it with respect. You do not go into someone's house and start messing things up. Granted things are not going to get put back exactly how the owner wants them all the time, but an effort needs to be made.

At home, no. It is my house and I will leave things all over the place. Not worth the stress of constantly having things in their exact and proper places all the time.

yes they are!!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:In the gym, most certainly as this is not your residence no matter how much time you spend in there. In essence you are a guest and should treat it with respect. You do not go into someone's house and start messing things up. Granted things are not going to get put back exactly how the owner wants them all the time, but an effort needs to be made.

I`ve always put things away in a gym never thought much about it. Its things like having to have the collars on a bar all facing the same way & similar such things that makes me OCD.

Melas Zomos wrote:At home, no. It is my house and I will leave things all over the place. Not worth the stress of constantly having things in their exact and proper places all the time.

My work station at home, just ask S69 :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 pm

wouldt say I was ocd but Im a creature of habit and I dont like change :grin:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby SpageHopkins » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:34 am

To be fair when i train at home in the back garden there is no light
and I can lay my hands on the correct weights in the dark.
I always put away in the same manner so I do appreciate your ways in the gym.
The order and tidiness is a selling point of the gym (thats why we put up with you).

When you mention the tidiness everyone says thats good but no one ever says "Oh i dont care I throw the weights all over the shop and expect someone to clean up after" begs the question who does do it then. I think a lot of people think it was like that when I got here but if they just returned the weights they used it would soon be back in order.

No one is a football hooligan
No one is a middle lane hogger
No one drops litter
No one goes to lap dancing clubs

Just for the record I am not No one
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm

samurai69 wrote:yes they are!!!

I thought you were part Scottish, looks like you are part Nazi too me :finga:

Just kidding bro. It is my experience that you can get them to put the majority of things in their proper places, but it is absolutely impossible to keep them mixing up the 10,5,2.5lb plates on the weight trees and you are going to lose that battle.

Cookie wrote:I`ve always put things away in a gym never thought much about it. Its things like having to have the collars on a bar all facing the same way & similar such things that makes me OCD.

I was not aware that was "OCD" material. To me that is the way it should be done and anyone that does not do it like that has no clue what they are doing and is just a newbe or mentally challenged.
How can putting collars on be considered "OCD" when that is how they should go on the bar?
Now I have gotten in heated debates over the proper face positioning of plates on the bar, so perhaps I am OCD on that, but the collars only go on one way as far as I am concerned.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I was not aware that was "OCD" material. To me that is the way it should be done and anyone that does not do it like that has no clue what they are doing and is just a newbe or mentally challenged.
How can putting collars on be considered "OCD" when that is how they should go on the bar?
Now I have gotten in heated debates over the proper face positioning of plates on the bar, so perhaps I am OCD on that, but the collars only go on one way as far as I am concerned.

Misinterpretation;

If I am using spring collars then each collar has to be in EXACTLY the same place/angle on both sides of the bar. Same with the screw ones, all nuts to top or bottom, no pointing at different angles.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:I was not aware that was "OCD" material. To me that is the way it should be done and anyone that does not do it like that has no clue what they are doing and is just a newbe or mentally challenged.

Misinterpretation;

If I am using spring collars then each collar has to be in EXACTLY the same place/angle on both sides of the bar. Same with the screw ones, all nuts to top or bottom, no pointing at different angles.

Yeah, that is major OCD definitely a misinterpretation.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Next

Return to General Discussion