It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:13 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Royal Wedding

Agora : the Public Space

Royal Wedding

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:18 pm

What are your guys take on the Royal Wedding?
I am just wondering if it is as big a deal to you, personally, as the media is portraying it to be over here. The media seems to paint a picture that you are all swooning and in all awe ready to take the day off and travel hundreds of miles to line the streets to pay homage.

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just trying to figure out how it really is.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: Royal Wedding

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Some love it, others hate it.

Me I don`t mind the fact that they are getting married, brining in lots of tourists & giving the country some decent exposure for a change. What I don`t like is the media just going on about it relentlessly. Over exposure & it spoils it for me because I don`t need to know exactly what she / they are doing every second on the day on the day of the wedding with Z list numpties warbling on as if they are experts & best buddies with the newly weds.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 pm

the 2 previous "big" wddings

Di's and Fergies spoilt this one a bit, they where far to over lavished,

i wont be watching

i say good luck to them and hope it lasts longer than the other 2, they have at least known each other for a few years

it brings money too the country...tv, tourism etc ..... a good thing

maybe a sense of pride in the country.....we need that, we should all have to swear alegience to the crown as you yanks do to your flag

cost on the country in work lost, bank holiday, policing, etc etc will be huge and
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

samurai69 wrote:cost on the country in work lost, bank holiday, policing, etc etc will be huge and

Till they add up what people have spent on beer, food & wedding memorabilia. Then they will find the country made a profit :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:cost on the country in work lost, bank holiday, policing, etc etc will be huge and

Till they add up what people have spent on beer, food & wedding memorabilia. Then they will find the country made a profit :lol:

i would like to think so but ......wrong!!!

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:18 pm

So tomorrow is a "holiday" so to speak, and other than gym owners, and pubs :mrgreen: , you get the day off?

A lot of chicks are planning on watching over here, the dudes, unless they are snappy dressers, really could not give a hoot.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:52 pm

fuck the royal family :butthead:

every time I hear more pish about how the country needs this to feel warm and fuzzy I just want to spew. I dont wish them any harm but I dont give a fuck if they are getting married, divorced or dressing as nazis to fancy dress parties.

If you really need this bollocks to shine a little ray of light in your life then you seriously need a fucking life. I dont remember anyone giving a shit when I got married..... and my wedding didnt cost the good people of britain any money in police overtime.
Still.... throw out a royal wedding to keep the masses quiet for a bit, keep them infront of their TVs, keep them buying shit they dont need.

also.... Im working.... and Im glad Im working.
we should all have to swear alegience to the crown

Id rather die tbh.
I'll swear alegience to my country and fight to protect it but you can keep your monarchy, they mean nothing to me just as I mean nothing to them.

maybe its a Scottish thing :mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:43 am

Scott wrote:
we should all have to swear alegience to the crown

Id rather die tbh.
I'll swear alegience to my country and fight to protect it but you can keep your monarchy, they mean nothing to me just as I mean nothing to them.

maybe its a Scottish thing :mrgreen:

sums that up

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:47 am

Scott wrote:maybe its a Scottish thing :mrgreen:

Scottish & subdued :finga:

Now get back to your watery porridge & haggis :butthead: :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:58 am

samurai69 wrote:sums that up

seems like you dont approve?
the royal family are just born into a life of privilege and Im suppose to to bow down to that? naahhhhh!

Cookie wrote:Scottish & subdued :finga:
Now get back to your watery porridge & haggis :butthead: :mrgreen:

;-) yeah, they try to subdue me!
xxbrave
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 am

no.....dont really care either way

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 am

samurai69 wrote:no.....dont really care either way

You do [-X

I remember the warbling on about owning a foot of Scottish land, being a Laird & wanting a kilt :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to General Discussion