It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:43 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Green Lantern

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Cookie wrote:Gordon Bennet!!!! Your a NERD :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL! y'mean the degree in computing and awkward social skills were'nt proof enough :shock:
Im actually not brainy enough to qualify as a nerd.... more of a geek. I am partial to graphic novels / comicbooks..... to much text and I get bored!

Never seen a film in 3D, unsure whether I could cope with it & the prices put me right off

Its actually really impressive when done right. Defo worth seeing on the big screen at least once. I couldnt be doing with it all the time though.

no popcorn for me btw....... Its not my scheduled day for a cheat meal and Im far too hardcore to let even green lantern tempt me.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:15 am

Scott wrote:no popcorn for me btw....... Its not my scheduled day for a cheat meal and Im far too hardcore to let even green lantern tempt me.

I`m not worth :prayer:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am

Cookie wrote:
I`m not worth :prayer:

not many are ;-)

8-[

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:40 pm

it was decent. 7 outa 10...... if they had ditched the love interest it would have been 9 outa 10.
thought reynolds played the part really well and delivered the humour of Jordan really well. Pretty good movie if you're into that sort of thing.

it will probably get mixed reviews and as it had a big budget its likely to get more stick but as a GL fan I liked it. maybe not as good as batman begins or dark knight but infinately better than green hornet, F4 , xmen.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Scott wrote:it was decent. 7 outa 10...... if they had ditched the love interest it would have been 9 outa 10.
thought reynolds played the part really well and delivered the humour of Jordan really well. Pretty good movie if you're into that sort of thing.

it will probably get mixed reviews and as it had a big budget its likely to get more stick but as a GL fan I liked it. maybe not as good as batman begins or dark knight but infinately better than green hornet, F4 , xmen.

I`m 50/50 with seeing it. Not interested enough to fork out a fortune for the cinema but curious enough to watch on DVD. Kids have shown no interest at all.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Cookie wrote:
I`m 50/50 with seeing it. Not interested enough to fork out a fortune for the cinema but curious enough to watch on DVD. Kids have shown no interest at all.

yeah, on reflection you probably need to be into either Green Lantern or ryan reynolds to enjoy the movie. There were a few teenage girls sat along from me and I dont think they really had any idea of the back story of Hal Jordan :roll: I dont even think they could recite the lantern oath :shock:

We got there 30 mins early because I wanted good seats and thought it would be totally packed LMAO I looked around just before it started and the place was half empty!! save for a few bands of geeks. #-o

The screen of 'bad teacher' however had totally sold out......... I worry about the world sometimes =;

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah I am hearing mixed reviews. The ones that give it good ones are the hardcore fans. I swore off going to the cinema for anything around this neck of the woods. The last 3 times I went I almost got in a fight all 3 times.... I mean who the F*** carries on a conversation about the mall on opening night of Star Wars ep3 with the movie rolling??? Yeah that conversation ended real quick, he picked the wrong 220lb geek to sit next too :mrgreen: Since then I wait for video, besides in the end it is cheaper. I can buy the dvd cheaper than paying for 2 or even 1 to go to the movies and that does not include the popcorn, which is mandatory in my book :mrgreen:
Now you got me all riled up ](*,)
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Oh, glad you enjoyed it though.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:04 am

one of the guys at the gym a big Marvel and GL fan wasnt impressed with the film

the film

invincibles looks good out 11/11/11
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 am

cant please all the people all the time ;-)

GL is DC of course, not marvel and will be part of the big DC universe reboot shortly. should be interesting to see how that works out.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Previous

Return to General Discussion