Change font size

General Discussion

Project Cafe

Agora : the Public Space

Project Cafe

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Live stream

This could be an expensive Christmas :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Project Cafe

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Its bloody crashed right when they were going to announce the main subject ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm

New console name is "Wii U"

Live stream still not happening...FFS ](*,)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Can't see what is on the otherside?

I don't know bro, from what I am hearing xbox is stealing the show at E3
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Can't see what is on the otherside?

Might not be showing anything else now they have told the world their new plans for their consoles.

Melas Zomos wrote:I don't know bro, from what I am hearing xbox is stealing the show at E3

Not seen anything on the Xbox stuff. Will have to check it out.

Nintendo have some great new titles coming out for their 3DS & the WiiU just looks out of this world. I can only describe the console itself as looking like a car cd player once its removed. A lot smaller looking than the original Wii. And it lays flat unlike the Wii which stands tall. The tablet control is WEIRD. About the size of an average computer mouse pad & supposedly extremely light. Its allowing for more interaction between the players in multiple player games. You can change tv channels yet still play your console game on the tablets inbuilt touch screen. Even continue to play in another room if need be.

I prefer Nintendo because they are prepared to push the envelope on the development side of things. Its not all about shoot em ups & car chases as it is with Xbox & Playstation games.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I swore off nintendo after the n64. They juiced me on that piece and left me hanging. They just seem to rely on mario this and mario that. It wears on a person, you know. All I really see is a bunch of kiddie stuff.
btw, can you tell I FN HATE Mario!
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I swore off nintendo after the n64. They juiced me on that piece and left me hanging.

What do you mean?

I loved the N64. We didn`t get some of the add ons to the system that were available elsewhere but overall it was a decent system.

Melas Zomos wrote:They just seem to rely on mario this and mario that. It wears on a person, you know. All I really see is a bunch of kiddie stuff.
btw, can you tell I FN HATE Mario!

Mario rocks :supz:

Never seen any other game than Mario`s that manages to hold the cost of a game either new or old. Some of the old N64 & Gamecube games are just as much now as they were when first released. Overall the games are quite fun and challenging & great for us kiddies :mrgreen:

All consoles to some degree rely on one or two titles as their main selling points. Playstation Grand theft auto for example.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm

N64 at the time was a great system, they just did not develop it and the titles as promised and left me hanging and having to buy another system.

Never liked Mario, never will. It is just beat to Death imo, but as long as it makes money then it will stay out there and I will have to endure.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:N64 at the time was a great system, they just did not develop it and the titles as promised and left me hanging and having to buy another system.

Never liked Mario, never will. It is just beat to Death imo, but as long as it makes money then it will stay out there and I will have to endure.

Do any companies REALLY take their systems to their limits?

I know Nintendo did release extras & bolt ons for the Japanese market. You see them from time to time on Ebay. Normally its the UK / European markets that don`t see any extras with them all being released just in Japan & the US.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Cookie wrote:Do any companies REALLY take their systems to their limits?

Not at all, it is called planned obsolescence. One of the reasons I bought the first generation x-box was for a game called Steel Battalion. This really could have been a brilliant game if they had taken the system to limits. Unfortunately the game proved a little too complicated for the casual game player. I can only imagine what it would be like if it survived long enough to make it to the 360. Oh well that is my curse. As soon as I like something it curls up and dies.
:-k Maybe I should by the new wii then :mrgreen:
Damn, I really miss that game now.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:btw, can you tell I FN HATE Mario!

You'll not be buying this then :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 pm

:finga:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to General Discussion