It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Vitamin & Herb bannings

Agora : the Public Space

Vitamin & Herb bannings

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Small snippet but on the wider scale what`s peoples thoughts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... elves.html
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Vitamin & Herb bannings

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 pm

european legislation is a big fuck of cunt sucking waste of space
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 am

samurai69 wrote:european legislation is a big fuck of cunt sucking waste of space

Annoys the hell out of me when you think of the amount of people that smoke & drink excessively which are freely available to buy when they kills tens of thousands each year.

Then you had all these famous people & politicians calling for governments to legalise drugs #-o ](*,) [-X
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am

on the wider scale.... the whole nutrition industry needs sorted out. some of the claims made, marketing used and outright deception is outragous.
Im still not 100% on what exactly will be banned / require certificates for. I know the likes of hony goat weed, trib, and hoodia are defo on the list but personally I dont really rate any of those so I dont think it will be a great loss.

What I do find bad is the fact that these things will still be sold providing you can afford the thousands of pounds to certify your production. That, to me, just means that the same shit will still be sold except the smaller businesses will not be able to do it so the 'big boys' will have the market to themselves.

I dont like the idea of 'safe doses' coz I doubt they have a clue what that is but there will probably be ways around whatever they come out with.

The thing with smoking and alcohol though, no-one is claiming they are going to make you lose weight, live longer or generally be awesome. You would need to be some case if you actually though ciggs n booze are dong your health any good but the same cant be said for the vitamin industry.

when you think of the amount of people that smoke & drink excessively which are freely available to buy when they kills tens of thousands each year.

but I know what you mean and totally agree with you.

The industry does need shook up but I doubt these jokers are going to do any good whatsoever and will probably just be making more money off us. Really, if the governments were so bothered about our health there are shit loads more things they could be doing but it probably wouldnt line their pockets as much so... fuck it :roll:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Scott wrote:on the wider scale.... the whole nutrition industry needs sorted out. some of the claims made, marketing used and outright deception is outragous.
Im still not 100% on what exactly will be banned / require certificates for. I know the likes of hony goat weed, trib, and hoodia are defo on the list but personally I dont really rate any of those so I dont think it will be a great loss.

What I do find bad is the fact that these things will still be sold providing you can afford the thousands of pounds to certify your production. That, to me, just means that the same shit will still be sold except the smaller businesses will not be able to do it so the 'big boys' will have the market to themselves.

I dont like the idea of 'safe doses' coz I doubt they have a clue what that is but there will probably be ways around whatever they come out with.

The thing with smoking and alcohol though, no-one is claiming they are going to make you lose weight, live longer or generally be awesome. You would need to be some case if you actually though ciggs n booze are dong your health any good but the same cant be said for the vitamin industry.

The industry does need shook up but I doubt these jokers are going to do any good whatsoever and will probably just be making more money off us. Really, if the governments were so bothered about our health there are shit loads more things they could be doing but it probably wouldnt line their pockets as much so... fuck it :roll:

I liked trib :finga:

You`ll know already my thoughts on how easy its been for new supplement companies to spring up all over the place. And how a lot of the products which have been available this past 5-10 years have really pushed the boundaries between natural & pharmaceutical. This is why I have to agree with you that some sort of "body" needs to be set up to test & evaluate the products which have spawn from the body-building industry in an attempt to mimic the actions & feeling of taking steroids.

What I have problems with is, like you, is the fees that they are asking & how that will affect the smaller town centre / village herbalists who will just not have that kind of money.

Pushing this even further I read yesterday about the big pharmaceutical companies being within 10 years of having a drug which would slow down the ageing process & allow us to age in a gentler way. The scare aspect of this is that if this is all true & released initially it would only be available to those with money but before long some unscrupulous company / business man / government would consider giving them to the workforce allowing them to work for longer towards death without feeling the effects & so wipe a fortune off the state pension & such medical benefits & costs.

The film Metropolis could very well be played out to be our future :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

We are going through something similar over here with big pharma flexing their muscles. They are losing money to the herb and vitamin industry and want that piece of the pie.
What is funny is more and more people are turning to the black market for their needs. It is just getting too $$$ otherwise.

Anti aging...it is called GH and it is available to those with a sizable bank account. I actually had a buddy going for an interview this week with a rejuvenation clinic that specializes in that among some other goodies.

Now where did I lay that pack of cigarettes?????
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:We are going through something similar over here with big pharma flexing their muscles. They are losing money to the herb and vitamin industry and want that piece of the pie.
What is funny is more and more people are turning to the black market for their needs. It is just getting too $$$ otherwise.

Anti aging...it is called GH and it is available to those with a sizable bank account. I actually had a buddy going for an interview this week with a rejuvenation clinic that specializes in that among some other goodies.

Now where did I lay that pack of cigarettes?????

I`ll try & find an article that had a scientist saying they already had drugs sitting in cupboards that had not been touched for decades that could be used to extend life or make growing older more comfortable.

Scary thought thinking what the hell these big pharma companies do have stashed away that`s never seen the light of day or only goes to a select few.

With regards to GH.....GH3 ;-)

And I don`t mean the video game Guitar Hero 3 :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Cookie wrote:Scary thought thinking what the hell these big pharma companies do have stashed away that`s never seen the light of day or only goes to a select few.

Oh it is unbelievable I am sure. I just ran into an old friend who dabbles we shall say and the list of stuff out their now is mind blowing.

Cookie wrote:With regards to GH.....GH3 ;-)
And I don`t mean the video game Guitar Hero 3 :mrgreen:

???? Do I need to ask my old friend???? :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Oh it is unbelievable I am sure. I just ran into an old friend who dabbles we shall say and the list of stuff out their now is mind blowing.

And they are trying to stop us using vitamins to improve our lives :roll:

Melas Zomos wrote:???? Do I need to ask my old friend???? :mrgreen:

http://www.realgerovital.com/

Yes I have used it & its something I intend to use again in the future.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm

You know when they market a GH creme.....I can not help but to think...... :supz:
Trying my best to keep this rated pg :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:You know when they market a GH creme.....I can not help but to think...... :supz:

Well I can only vouch of the tablet version. I`ll leave the skin cream for you :finga: :butthead:

Was tempted to use the injectable variety as you don`t have to use it that often. I would also guess that more of the compound would get into your system not having to pass through the liver twice as does the tablets which can reduce the overall dose.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:You know when they market a GH creme.....I can not help but to think...... :supz:

Well I can only vouch of the tablet version. I`ll leave the skin cream for you :finga: :butthead:

Was tempted to use the injectable variety as you don`t have to use it that often. I would also guess that more of the compound would get into your system not having to pass through the liver twice as does the tablets which can reduce the overall dose.

Yes, I would agree the injectable version of a lot of things would be better and far less stressful for the liver.
Did you take this before bed?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Next

Return to General Discussion