It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:46 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Bodybuilding Pensioners

Agora : the Public Space

Bodybuilding Pensioners

Postby steve1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:27 am

anyone see it ? Ive seen it before and watched it again last night quite interesting how if you look after your body you can prolong it even though testosterone and muscle mass decline with age
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Re: Bodybuilding Pensioners

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

seen it before, didnt watch it this time

yeh well look at jack delanie....looked good even at 93
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby steve1 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 am

of all the films, DVDs and documentary's Ive watched all of a sudden something clicked in my head after watching it again and i went for a look around at a gym today Ive been dieting good these last two weeks so i know the flame is lit again i just need to keep fueling the fire and stay focused Sunday will be my first training day in over 3-4 years..........bring on the DOMS lol
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:09 pm

steve1 wrote:of all the films, DVDs and documentary's Ive watched all of a sudden something clicked in my head after watching it again and i went for a look around at a gym today Ive been dieting good these last two weeks so i know the flame is lit again i just need to keep fueling the fire and stay focused Sunday will be my first training day in over 3-4 years..........bring on the DOMS lol

Good going in getting some motivation & doing something about it =D>

Not sure if I've ever seen the program. Has it been on terrestrial TV?

Most motivational documentary I've ever seen was Ricky Bruch's. The guy was a monster & did some crazy stuff. Would love to see the footage that never made it into the film.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby steve1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:30 pm

think it was on sky channel 115
yeah watched that Ricky Bruch's dvd a few times think Ive still got it in my box of bodybuilding memorabilia along with my free cell-tech workout video lol......anyway went to gym this morning ill start a new thread because i could do with some advice on my routine then give it a week or so till Ive changed my life around and i feel like I'm back in the game i would like to start a journal :grin:
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm

steve1 wrote:think it was on sky channel 115

[-X [-X [-X

steve1 wrote:yeah watched that Ricky Bruch's dvd a few times think Ive still got it in my box of bodybuilding memorabilia along with my free cell-tech workout video lol......anyway went to gym this morning ill start a new thread because i could do with some advice on my routine then give it a week or so till Ive changed my life around and i feel like I'm back in the game i would like to start a journal :grin:

Pity Ricky never entered worlds strongest man, he would have easily held his own.

Take your time breaking back into training. Pointless being so sore with DOM`s you can't move properly for days on end.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby steve1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Cookie wrote:Pity Ricky never entered worlds strongest man, he would have easily held his own.

Take your time breaking back into training. Pointless being so sore with DOM`s you can't move properly for days on end.

yeah he had all the requirements for WSM i kind of felt sorry for him but I'm glad hes still made a name for himself bet theres thousands out there just like him in all sports that go unheard of

there are about 15-20 stairs up to the gym so i guess my DOMS had already started before i got into the gym lol
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to General Discussion