It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Plate Rack and War Club

Agora : the Public Space

Plate Rack and War Club

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:39 am

Despite New Spartan's Gym's advice of just putting all the weights on the bar and lift heavy, I went ahead and welded up a plate rack. Let it be known, that I welded this up not because I can not lift all the plates on the bar, but just wanted to have some fun and practice my welding.
:mrgreen:

Also scored a Detroit barbell Warclub and baton. As soon as I can get my lazy ass to the steel supply store I am going to try and weld up a twin for each.

“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: Plate Rack and War Club

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:06 am

nice welding

if you ever get your"lazy ass " over here you can come and weld me some bits up

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm

samurai69 wrote:you can come and weld me some bits up

Did I never mention I can weld :mrgreen:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Despite New Spartan's Gym's advice of just putting all the weights on the bar and lift heavy, I went ahead and welded up a plate rack. Let it be known, that I welded this up not because I can not lift all the plates on the bar, but just wanted to have some fun and practice my welding.
:mrgreen:

Also scored a Detroit barbell Warclub and baton. As soon as I can get my lazy ass to the steel supply store I am going to try and weld up a twin for each.

Nice welding BTW =D>

Stick or MIG?

Long time since I saw some of those Detroit clubs.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:you can come and weld me some bits up

Did I never mention I can weld :mrgreen:

so come build me some stuff then...............maybe sell some too

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

i thought a "detroit club" was where "the boss" played his gigs!!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Mainly stick. That was some pretty heavy steel and my mig is only 120 so it was just not quite hot enough. I actually prefer stick welding anyway. I must be the last on the planet. That lunchbox lincoln in the background was my first welder, got in a barter for exchange for lawn services.

Samuari69, with your gym I would think of all people you would have a welder stashed away. As creative as you are, you should think about getting one and having Cookie come over and give you a lesson or two.

Yeah those Detroit barbells are sweet. I want to try duplicating them over the summer if I get a chance, then we will see about fabbing a set for your gym :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm

i can weld, just not very well and out of practice ........ and never was that good, brasings a bit better, but not much

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Mainly stick. That was some pretty heavy steel and my mig is only 120 so it was just not quite hot enough. I actually prefer stick welding anyway. I must be the last on the planet. That lunchbox lincoln in the background was my first welder, got in a barter for exchange for lawn services.

Samuari69, with your gym I would think of all people you would have a welder stashed away. As creative as you are, you should think about getting one and having Cookie come over and give you a lesson or two.

Yeah those Detroit barbells are sweet. I want to try duplicating them over the summer if I get a chance, then we will see about fabbing a set for your gym :mrgreen:

Stick welding all the way :mrgreen:

S69 is too grumpy & impatient to be shown anything :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion