It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:53 am
Change font size

General Discussion

The Rant Thread.

Agora : the Public Space

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:08 pm

That article seemed to be just picking up pieces of the usual misinformation about "steady state" running & didn't give any alternatives to this so called "culprit" of fat gain.

Not a good article at all.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

yeah, the usual garbage. they never really define what running is or the intensity etc. Just because they see certain people on a treadmill day in day out making no progress doesnt mean anything. Just like lifting weights there is much more to the story than just one single thing.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 am

Scott wrote:yeah, the usual garbage. they never really define what running is or the intensity etc. Just because they see certain people on a treadmill day in day out making no progress doesnt mean anything. Just like lifting weights there is much more to the story than just one single thing.

What seemed to annoy the pants off me was his continued use of "20hrs a week" cardio. Who the hell does 20 hours a week of pure cardio other than those that do race competitively?

I've NEVER heard of any trainer getting a bodybuilder to do that much cardio pre contest. They would flatly refuse.

I'm expecting the follow up article to consist of HIIT & Tabata protocols for pure fat loss :roll:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Scott wrote:running makes women fat

probably not just women but there you have it. running will make you fat, thats why you see so many fat marathon runners and tri-athletes.... oh wait that article's comments pointed out the 'fact' that marathon runners / tri-athletes are elite people so different rules apply to them, we cant hold them up as an example...... I guess all those 'average' people that compete in marathons and ironman type events up and down the country are figments of my imagination.

so to recap.... running = fatter because you are NOT an elite athlete so just go back into the gym and follow Jay Cutlers training program..... yeah, I know he is an elite bodybuilder but dont dwell on that part, Im sure its ok to follow his shit coz he doesnt run anywhere.
:roll: :roll:

I know there are more efficient ways for fat loss but Im getting pissed off with this shit. its getting so boring.

Another one for you to get your teeth into :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:33 pm

yep, best just stick to the perpetual 'bulk' phase and get some gear down you..... nothing bad ever happened on that plan.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

What a pa-larva(sp)

Pedometer is not working. Plain as the nose on my face. Can't send it back to the company I got it off. Have to send it to another address who is the UK distributor. Have to send in a copy of receipt but don't have a printer to copy the email receipt. What the hell happened to receipts with the product ](*,)

Want to get a different model but can't. They only do like for like. But it'll only get replaced if after they've tested it it doesn't work. What happened to honesty & the customer is always right ](*,)

Don't want the same model. Its garbage for my needs. The cheaper model(s) would have been a better choice. So just give me a bloody refund [-X

Got to piss about now sending off emails & the pedometer at my own expense. [-X [-X [-X

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Just got back from shopping.

FFS how dot hey expect people to keep feeding themselves decent quality food & stay health.

Now bankrupt ](*,)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Emailed a company last week about their range of socks asking them if they could point me in the right direction regarding which socks they would recommend for my job.

Not a single reply :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Cookie wrote:Emailed a company last week about their range of socks asking them if they could point me in the right direction regarding which socks they would recommend for my job.

Not a single reply :roll:

few companies i have come acrfoss like that ....wankers
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

samurai69 wrote:few companies i have come acrfoss like that ....wankers

Can't understand the mentality. Potential customer, who might bring more by word of mouth, so give the customer your attention & the information.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:few companies i have come acrfoss like that ....wankers

Can't understand the mentality. Potential customer, who might bring more by word of mouth, so give the customer your attention & the information.

exactly
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Cookie wrote:Can't understand the mentality. Potential customer, who might bring more by word of mouth, so give the customer your attention & the information.

which company was it?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion