It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:56 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Ibuprofen

Agora : the Public Space

Ibuprofen

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Ibuprofen

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 am

Cookie wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/256871

more stir mongering

when your born, everything is bad for you and slowly starts killing you, 70, 80 or 90 years later it finally does.................
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:25 am

samurai69 wrote:more stir mongering

when your born, everything is bad for you and slowly starts killing you, 70, 80 or 90 years later it finally does.................

I think they've realised that:

a) There's some new data that shows "possibilities" of new side effects & they're covering themselves from insurance claims.

b) They've realised that some people pop these like smarties rather than see a medical professional to get a proper diagnosis.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:more stir mongering

I think they've realised that:

a) There's some new data that shows "possibilities" of new side effects & they're covering themselves from insurance claims.

b) They've realised that some people pop these like smarties rather than see a medical professional to get a proper diagnosis.

well shit, every person thats lifted weights seriously for any length of time has taken them the yanks say 800mg per day is max etc etc

i think its all bollocks and scare mongering

by a shit paper that spends its time trolling through things like this that it can stir up a bit of that"Ooooohhhhhhh" factor

its been around since the 60s ..................50 years!!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:57 am

The problem, I believe, is not ibuprofen itself. It is that people are combining it with a bunch of other stuff and thus sets off some weird reactions.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:The problem, I believe, is not ibuprofen itself. It is that people are combining it with a bunch of other stuff and thus sets off some weird reactions.

Alcohol, bad diets :-k

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:The problem, I believe, is not ibuprofen itself. It is that people are combining it with a bunch of other stuff and thus sets off some weird reactions.

Alcohol, bad diets :-k

As well as other prescription meds. Most people do not think to check if it will have any interactions as it is just "ibuprofen" and viewed as you said "smarties." Personally I know of two friends that have died because of ibuprofen as mentioned, but it was the combo of ibuprofen, with other stuff that did it, not ibuprofen itself.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby fits » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Papers always over hype things but the article is valid. They are dangerous and THOUSANDS of people die per year as a direct result of these types of pain killers, and many more get bad side effects and complications that they will never associate with them. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of them and I know I am not going to drop dead from taking them so I don't go around scared of them and I will use if I really need to but I try not too and thats a good rule to live by.I I now people that take them daily and thatsnot good.

Turmeric and ginger are cox 2 inhibitors so I probably wont ever need them again lol :roll:
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:30 pm

fits wrote:Papers always over hype things but the article is valid. They are dangerous and THOUSANDS of people die per year as a direct result of these types of pain killers, and many more get bad side effects and complications that they will never associate with them. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of them and I know I am not going to drop dead from taking them so I don't go around scared of them and I will use if I really need to but I try not too and thats a good rule to live by.I I now people that take them daily and thatsnot good.

Turmeric and ginger are cox 2 inhibitors so I probably wont ever need them again lol :roll:

I agree and I once fired a doctor who tried to prescribe me 600mg 3x a day, when all I wanted was a mri to see what was going on. Never did get the mri and do this date it is still bothering me. That was the beginning of the end with me and doctors.

The problem with tumeric, as with most herbs, is finding a good source and getting enough of it to do what is needed. A few shakes of the stuff on your egg in the morning just does not cut it. Other than that it is great stuff.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby fits » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
fits wrote:Papers always over hype things but the article is valid. They are dangerous and THOUSANDS of people die per year as a direct result of these types of pain killers, and many more get bad side effects and complications that they will never associate with them. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of them and I know I am not going to drop dead from taking them so I don't go around scared of them and I will use if I really need to but I try not too and thats a good rule to live by.I I now people that take them daily and thatsnot good.

I agree and I once fired a doctor who tried to prescribe me 600mg 3x a day, when all I wanted was a mri to see what was going on. Never did get the mri and do this date it is still bothering me. That was the beginning of the end with me and doctors.

The problem with tumeric, as with most herbs, is finding a good source and getting enough of it to do what is needed. A few shakes of the stuff on your egg in the morning just does not cut it. Other than that it is great stuff.

I think this is a common theme now days. People are seeing Doctors today as just pill dispensers. I have had more than a couple of instances like that.

I like to juice fresh turmeric with with fresh ginger and pineapple. The bromilain in the pineapple enhances the the absorption, usability. Heat and fats also help along with piperine. so you can play with these things. Using its daily in teaspoon amounts should work. People selling curcumin sups will say you need 20 grams of turmeric to get the same effects as a couple of curcumin extracts but the multiple constituents in the whole rhizome have a synergy that increases effectiveness beyond curcumin and i believe there is an extra accumulative effect when used regular.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to General Discussion