It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:29 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Long Time

Agora : the Public Space

Long Time

Postby fits » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello People.

Been a while. I have no time for forums these days, but hope to get back on to somedegree.

Whats new? how you all doing? Every one must be Huge, ripped and lifting giant weights by now?????? Or is steve still falling apart? Paul still Mr Angry and Scott still fantasizing over Chad????

Hope all is well.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Long Time

Postby samurai69 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 pm

fits wrote:Hello People.

Been a while. I have no time for forums these days, but hope to get back on to somedegree.

Whats new? how you all doing? Every one must be Huge, ripped and lifting giant weights by now?????? Or is steve still falling apart? Paul still Mr Angry and Scott still fantasizing over Chad????

Hope all is well.

fuck off you non forum based git

will we meet before xmas

who the fuck is fits anyway

hows work going...............

speak soon

hows debs
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:49 pm

hey

yes we will meet soon. I've been off the booze and will be taking it slow as I am just finishing another bout of Uveitis. The booze, lack of sleep, inflammatory foods i feel are the culprits so knocking beer on the head.

Works boring as Shite! but been doing allot of reading/studying and sitting in hyde park so not all bad. I hope to make a proper plan to make the move away again, just got to decide EXACTLY what I want to do when I grow up!!

Debs good. Shes off to Boston for a week next month and then in October we are off to South Aftica with her family. I reckon she will be the most traveled woman in 2011!

Hows things with the Gym? Julie??

I didn't want to go out this month as Im a bit skint so how about we make a date in August? can you make a week night in London or just weekends?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:58 pm

fits wrote:Hello People.

Hope all is well.

Welcome back stranger, don't do it again [-X :lol:

yes to all three of your questions :mrgreen:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:33 pm

:mrgreen:

is steve still falling apart? Paul still Mr Angry and Scott still fantasizing over Chad????

LOL! pretty much sums things up!
although I also fantasise over John Frusciante from time to time.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:41 pm

I see Paul has taken up stalking strong men too! I would be very careful posting videos of yourself lifting anything that could be conceived as being heavy! it might end up in paul's 'personal time' DVD collection!

So whats new? what you up to these days cookie?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 am

fits, just weekends really maybe friday night

julies good, works down in victoria when shes not at new branches, she has been down at docklands for some inductions, maybe working at stratford too

gym ok, though it still needs more members..............people still dont quite get it, iu may stick 1 or 2 machines in if i ever see any built well enough............long hours

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

fits wrote:So whats new? what you up to these days cookie?

Me & Paul hit Scotland again last year & did a tour of the place lifting some of the regions historical lifting stones.

Done the coal race this past 2 years & a few 10k races this past 10 months.

How's things your end?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 pm

samurai69 wrote:fits, just weekends really maybe friday night

julies good, works down in victoria when shes not at new branches, she has been down at docklands for some inductions, maybe working at stratford too

gym ok, though it still needs more members..............people still dont quite get it, iu may stick 1 or 2 machines in if i ever see any built well enough............long hours

OK mate let me see. Im busy this weekend and def on the 6th of August as im off to the rugby. I think there is another weekend i'm booked up but ill check. Debra is off to boston mid August, if its just me and you then maybe we can meet up around then but I will see when we are free. Maybe we could meet up with Jules one friday night and you can catch up with us.... Stratfords not the best place to be! Saying that I guess where she will be it wont be bad. We are just down the road from her! We will see but we will do it soon. Actually do it! I think we had more drinks when you lived in portugal than we have since you been back!

I think you should get some cardio stuff in. I know you have an ideal image of a gym in your head but as you say,some people need more help. Maybe you could run some classes, do some cross fit type challenges etc I have spoken to several people that have gyms or run them, the last one was in fenchurch street..or near buy and they were really cheap. The had some thing like 1200 members but you would not have known it. most people use it for 20 minutes of running , or some of them just for a shower! Although your set up would not work for that, at least get a few house wives set up on direct debit and let them turn up twice a month when they feel guilty. these are they people that pay the bills, the ones that want to learn..... you can teach.

@ Steve

Things good here mate. I quite the leisure centre a while ago now, and after all these years im back training with a york set of weights in a bedroom lol BUT its been consistant for about 3 or 4 weeks and I notice difference already. I can't do over head push press but I am dead lifting a bit and only about 55 to 60 kg of lifting my best weight :oops:

I have had problems with my eye again and again so i am finally sorting out the diet - e.g. weekend benders! Doing lots of study, to what end I am not 100% sure yet but I am feeling that I want to be out of my job pretty soon. The one thing it was always good for was job security but not any more. I might find myself set up in pauls gym giving live blood analysis consultations, or skin anti oxidant level tests or maybe i'll end up with a juice bar lol see, i'm still the same, I have a million idea go through my head a minute and still not getting too much done! I am getting some done though so not all bad. Im only 32. by the time im 55 (pauls age) i'll decide what I want to be when I grow up!

whats with all the long distance stuff? are you going for the POW look?

Have you won that coal race yet?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 am

fits

maYBE, ONCE JULIE KNOWS WHERE AND WHEN SHE IS WORKING WE could o a friday evening as i can get in to town easy enough .............. she still doesnt know which branches she will be covering

also for a job i would look at some of the new products out there that do decent bodyfat analysis and combine that with other bits and do a mobile service visiting gyms all over, you can charge £50 in the suburbs for a consultation and well on to 3 numbers in centre of town

it takes some guts to go it alone as it can be slow to start, but you could really cash in if you have the bottle

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 am

samurai69 wrote:fits

maYBE, ONCE JULIE KNOWS WHERE AND WHEN SHE IS WORKING WE could o a friday evening as i can get in to town easy enough .............. she still doesnt know which branches she will be covering

also for a job i would look at some of the new products out there that do decent bodyfat analysis and combine that with other bits and do a mobile service visiting gyms all over, you can charge £50 in the suburbs for a consultation and well on to 3 numbers in centre of town

it takes some guts to go it alone as it can be slow to start, but you could really cash in if you have the bottle

its haveing the guts to stand up and talk with the belief that what you say is 100% right and you know what your talking about better than anyone......but if you dont know say so, and people trust that

as for the cardio stuff....we have that, just no running machines

once the girls start to get it with the training circuits then it will jump up a bit..................but like the bootcampas its slow to start and then gets busy slowly
#
am bootcamps are close to 10 people at them and saturday has 15 + at a class

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 am

I actually have some ideas for doing something like that, only I would like to have a base and maybe work with some one else that would like to visit gyms. There is a machine that I had a go of at that conference I mentioned where it measures the levels of carotenoids in your skin.
I have spoken with the guy since with a view to possibly working with them but just as I thought it I an MLM. Now that doesn't always mean its a bad thing but I am very sceptical about these things. When I was there they tried to sell me an expensive product that would bring my anti oxidant levels up fast etc and I am sure many people go for it but it put me off. Now the machine itself I like. When I asked him the actual meaning and effects of having higher carotenoid levels in the skin and what the product does he was wishy washy.... "people notice their hair looks better and fingernails grow faster and skin looks better and they have more energy"... which I thought just sounds like blurb, but they have to be careful what they actually say, and the claims they make. Over all there is some correlation between carotenoid levels and a likeliness to be injured etc which is quite interesting as well as low levels correlating with higher oxidative stress/inflammations etc which can be causative for just about every major disease.
It also gives some people a different focal point, like eat better to try to get your anti oxidant levels up as this is an indicator of over all health and likeliness of getting sick or getting a major disease.... while people are eating lots of veggies and some fruit and salads, they are not eating crisps..
This machine usually takes a £25 to £30 fee for a quick read and a chat. At events like the one I was at, they charge £10 and you can have people away within 5 to 10 minutes. Apart from being a novelty thing for allot of people, and a regular 3 monthly marker for others, maybe sports teams would be interested? go to a local Rugby club and have 30 blokes scanned and apparently you can tell who get injured regular. If there is an obvious correlation then maybe the team sign up, make nutritional changes and notice their scores go up and the team perform better and have less injuries / sickness etc.
I am also trying to enrol on a dark-field microscopy course where they look at your blood. Its quite interesting and you can actually see what's going on in the blood and its not just a 'score' so I like this. I would also offer food intolerance/allergy tests which can make a huge difference in general well being and help specific health issues, heavy metal toxicity, vitamin deficiency.... and I had not thought about body fat %. I thought those machines were inaccurate?

by the wway can we have a pain style forum so I can view at work! I am in an open plan office and I sit next to the project manager and I have to keep hiding the bloody great pictures of spartan warriors!!! lol
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Next

Return to General Discussion