It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Today in the papers

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Today in the papers

Postby Cookie » Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 pm

lil john wrote:I was just shocked by my fiancé who just said she's nervous to go out into town tomorrow where we live as the amount of hate towards black people as well now after this. She is mixed race and as English and Yorkshire as they come with no belief in Islam.

That shocked me to hear it

There's been trouble in town a few times before, I'm half expecting something to happen. Very surprised nothing has so far as there's usually some nut job that goes over the top with what they say or react.

Melas Zomos wrote:Very tragic indeed. I was shocked when I read it myself. Unfortunately I feel things will get worse instead of better for the short term, hopefully not the long term. And unfortunately I look for more incidents similar to this in other countries to increase.
Such a shame it comes to this.

Agree. More to come I think. No faith in the government to react swiftly & harshly to nip it all in the bud or put others off doing similar.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Today in the papers

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:41 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to General Discussion