It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Today in the papers

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Today in the papers

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

samurai69 wrote:after a long bike ride in portugal we would often stop for a beer or alcohol free beer and TBH both quenched the thirst better than water and did feel a little better, but not too many (have been known to fall off bike after pub rest stops in uk)

I would pay to see you fall off a bike :lol:

I wonder if its down to the alcohol staying longer in the stomach so it can be digested/absorbed more than just plain water which if you take on board too quickly will just come straight through you.

Some nutritionists say that's why you should drink milk post workout because it helps rehydration better.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:after a long bike ride in portugal we would often stop for a beer or alcohol free beer and TBH both quenched the thirst better than water and did feel a little better, but not too many (have been known to fall off bike after pub rest stops in uk)

I would pay to see you fall off a bike :lol:

I wonder if its down to the alcohol staying longer in the stomach so it can be digested/absorbed more than just plain water which if you take on board too quickly will just come straight through you.

Some nutritionists say that's why you should drink milk post workout because it helps rehydration better.

falling off the bike was a regular occurance when i raced, give it all you have "gung ho" attitude

interesting about the milk, seems to be good at a lot of things

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I think I put a link in here before about the use of DNP as a dieting drug. Anyway a new victim unfortunately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pills.html
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu May 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Would be stating the obvious posting anything from today's papers given the horrific happenings of yesterday.

You would never have thought something like that would happen over here.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Cookie wrote:Would be stating the obvious posting anything from today's papers given the horrific happenings of yesterday.

You would never have thought something like that would happen over here.

funnily i was watching a video of a machette weilding man in US taking out and stabbing/cutting 5 police officers they shot him a few times and he still continued

the police woman that shot them should be knighted

there would have been no other option

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

samurai69 wrote:the police woman that shot them should be knighted

She did the right thing shooting & only wounding. Killing them then & there would have been too much of a "martyr" type situation for others like them. You can bet they'll be calls again for a death sentence.

I suspect a lot of bad issues will arise from this with everything from immigration to religion & Sharia law.

No confidence in the government to do it properly.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 pm

It is disgrace ful what happened in the name of extremst muslim.

I think racial tension may be high for a while.

The government are to pathetic to do anything, I fear ukip, bnp, edl will be to harsh to all races other than white.

Think it's gone so far in this country I don't even know a realistic answer to it
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Chris » Thu May 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:the police woman that shot them should be knighted

She did the right thing shooting & only wounding. Killing them then & there would have been too much of a "martyr" type situation for others like them. You can bet they'll be calls again for a death sentence.

I suspect a lot of bad issues will arise from this with everything from immigration to religion & Sharia law.

No confidence in the government to do it properly.

Police (and the Armed Forces for that matter) are not permitted to shoot to wound.
Chris
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby lil john » Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm

I was just shocked by my fiancé who just said she's nervous to go out into town tomorrow where we live as the amount of hate towards black people as well now after this. She is mixed race and as English and Yorkshire as they come with no belief in Islam.

That shocked me to hear it
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu May 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Very tragic indeed. I was shocked when I read it myself. Unfortunately I feel things will get worse instead of better for the short term, hopefully not the long term. And unfortunately I look for more incidents similar to this in other countries to increase.
Such a shame it comes to this.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion