It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:54 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Today in the papers

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Today in the papers

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:59 am

Cookie wrote:Yes or No?

should read yes & no really

papers have blown it out of proportion, they have had stand up pugilistic bouts with no complaints

if it had been in a school hall and classed as a training bout in JJ or submission it would be ok

IMO kids should be taught martial arts as it teaches them a lot, should it be in a cage and paid for probably not

SENI last year, i saw lots of kids fighting in different arts and people where watching (and paid to get in toi the show), kids that got hit cried.............shit if i get hit and it hurts or i am embarresed or upset at losing i cry, i cry sometimes if i WIN too

Fucking PAPERS AGAIN IMO!!!!

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:28 pm

samurai69 wrote:should read yes & no really

papers have blown it out of proportion, they have had stand up pugilistic bouts with no complaints

if it had been in a school hall and classed as a training bout in JJ or submission it would be ok

IMO kids should be taught martial arts as it teaches them a lot, should it be in a cage and paid for probably not

SENI last year, i saw lots of kids fighting in different arts and people where watching (and paid to get in toi the show), kids that got hit cried.............shit if i get hit and it hurts or i am embarresed or upset at losing i cry, i cry sometimes if i WIN too

Fucking PAPERS AGAIN IMO!!!!

The referee for that fight has a gym not 5 minutes bike ride from me.

Do you thik they should have worn protective equipment?

Could the whole fight/bout have been staged better to get across a better message?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm

it was grappling so no equipment, though in BJJ the ref would have stopped it at first tap

definately staged better for youngsters..........when kids are concerned thenn health and safety are even more important
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 am

Cookie wrote:Yes or No?

very bias article... load of shit really from a clueless writer.

The only things I would be concerned about would be the possibility that some of the kids are pushed into competing by parents ( but thats nothing to do with MMA) and the consumption of alcohol at a kids comp.
other than that, good on them.

Ive seen kids pushed on to a BBing stage, now THAT was disturbing.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 pm

fair play to her. I actually dont mind Jody Marsh, she's probably the only one of those 'famous for being famous' types that has a clue. I watched the tattoo thing she done and she came across quite well, nothing like that dozy bint jordan :roll:
Ive seen jody doing a few training type shows on the active channel, she mustve just got bitten by the bug ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Scott wrote:

fair play to her. I actually dont mind Jody Marsh, she's probably the only one of those 'famous for being famous' types that has a clue. I watched the tattoo thing she done and she came across quite well, nothing like that dozy bint jordan :roll:
Ive seen jody doing a few training type shows on the active channel, she mustve just got bitten by the bug ;-)

"The 32-year-old star was seen showing off her muscular new body as she entered the Natural Physique Association (NPA)"

You telling me those Funbags are Natural? Can we really call it a Natural Physique then? :shock:
Not that I am complaining, just saying. :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
Scott wrote:

"The 32-year-old star was seen showing off her muscular new body as she entered the Natural Physique Association (NPA)"

You telling me those Funbags are Natural? Can we really call it a Natural Physique then? :shock:
Not that I am complaining, just saying. :mrgreen:

you got a point there lol

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Its good what she has done my only concern is the fact that they are saying it took her just 8 weeks.

Now come on lets be real. If it has then all well & good but is that because she does not have the type of life that so many have with kids, school runs, running a home, getting your 9-5 job done etc?

On the flip side of that will be "what's she taken" because of the limited time frame & will she be able to maintain a "decent" muscular figure for future events?

I do wish when they publish these things that they would hold back on how long its taken or even tell a white lie & say its taken a few weeks longer because all it does is say to the public that to get into shape is quick & easy. And we are already swamped with the "quick fix" mentality as it is within any form of exercise / gym work which normally leads to people taking things they should because they've not got the body they expected after 8 weeks.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:14 pm

the 8 weeks is a basic 8 wek prep they are talking about, she was lifting for well over a year, i remember the articles

i agree wityhn the papers, but they have to sensationalise things......she was on tv today and said 8 weeks, but again thats not clarified and is prep, she was hardly fat when she started all this off last year.....so 12 months and 8 weeks would be more exact

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 pm

samurai69 wrote:the 8 weeks is a basic 8 wek prep they are talking about, she was lifting for well over a year, i remember the articles

totally that.
she has been in decent shape for ages. 8 weeks contest prep. unfortunately they get ratings and sell magazines on the myth that it can take 8 weeks from any staring point. Obviously thats not true but as usual its about the sales and the profits.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion