It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Today in the papers

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Today in the papers

Postby samurai69 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

Cookie wrote:Energy Drinks

I did a little experiment this morning to see how one of these would affect me right out of bed like some people do. I had one of those 473ml Red bull cans (slightly smaller than the Monster drink in the above article) which gave 11g carbs & 32mg caffeine per 100ml of drink. Could feel it lift me up but around 70 minutes later I suddenly became extremely light headed & dizzy. I was going hypo. I know the signs & it was pretty unnerving with it coming on so fast.If that is happening to me like that & I'm quite fit what the hell is it doing to the unhealthy & kids? ](*,)

exactly

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 am

What a joke.

So the players can intimidate referees by gathering around them en-mass & in an aggressive manner but when a referee gets utterly pissed off with their playground behaviour & shows his frustration, like anyone would do, & lets something slip; these overpaid school kids throw their teddies out of the cot & go running to their managers, police & FA throwing the very same racism card which is blighting English/UK society.

Simple solution. Ban the players from gathering around match officials unless accompanied by their team captains. Any player caught talking off hand to a referee is either sent off, sin binned or picks up penalty points & is fined. Microphone the referees so that all conversations are recorded throughout a game. Stop pampering these clowns that are supposed to be role models to kids. Lets face it a lot of them have the intellect of 12 year old's. The vocabulary skills of a chav, the manners of sewer rats(gobbing all over the pitch which is repulsive) & the egos of a tyrant. And if these players can't have the backbone & integrity to stand up to a moron(s) who does use abusive or racist language on the field or from the terraces when they are getting paid ludicrous amounts of money then they need to take a long hard look at themselves & their attitudes.

"Sticks & stones may hurt my bones but calling me names won't hurt me". Unless your an overpaid professional football player.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:03 am

like that in rugby

much more respect in rugby union than the pansies that play football, i just wont watch football anymore, i cant stand it, no class
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:10 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 am

one thing i have never taken is a weight loss supp of any kind legal or other

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm

you only have to look at the muppets out there

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Cookie wrote:Lance Armstrong

A good read about the 2012 drug fest etc

http://www.grahamwatson.com/view/viewmain.html

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Cookie wrote:
Cookie wrote:Lance Armstrong

A good read about the 2012 drug fest etc

http://www.grahamwatson.com/view/viewmain.html

long read

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 pm

samurai69 wrote:long read

Very long with some interesting points.

Confession on the way?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion