It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Skyrim

Agora : the Public Space

Skyrim

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Has anyone been playing this?

I havent been into playing video games for years, just got fed up with them but I got skyrim on the PC a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked!
totally brilliant game. I find that I could easily spend more hours in that world than the real world. I clocked up over 20 hours gameplay during the first weeked I had it ;-)

Its awesome and I have decided that I would like to move there as soon as possible. If anyone can figure out how I can make this happen, please PM me :mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: Skyrim

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

y'all dont know what youre missing!!

I am a LEGEND in Skyrim!!

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Don't have the game but have heard of it. TBH I'm a little weary of these types of games because people get too wrapped up in them with the games being so vast & time consuming.

Had a go on the new Nintendo 3DS over Christmas. Mario land 3D & Mario kart 3D are EPIC.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm

i played a war game for a while,,,,,cant remember its name now, but i played it for hours and hours and even once i got through all the levels went back to start it again with 1 soldier or only 1 gun or similar...........too much time .....NOT DOING THAT AGAIN
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 pm

yeah I was totally wrapped in it to begin with. Its easy to get immersed in it especially the on the PC with headphones ;-)
Ive enjoyed the change tbh and the break in 'reality' has been welcomed. Its not one of these multi player world of warcraft type games, Im far too anti-social for that!

makes a change from super streetfighter on the snes :grin:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Cookie wrote:Mario land 3D & Mario kart 3D are EPIC.

Not very Spartan like....just saying...of course I absolutely hate Mario and everything Mario and have been that way for a long, long, long time. Just don't get it at all.

I heard Skyrim was pretty incredible, although about half the people seem to fade on it at the 40hr mark or so.
Would love to check it out, but as it happens Arkham City, Just Cause2,Battlefield3, and Dungeon Siege 3, were free Black Friday Specials when I got my computer so I don't think I will be getting around to it anytime soon. Have not played any type of video game for about 3 years now..... ](*,)
Got pissed off at Xbox for discontinuing Steel Batallion after I spent some major $$ on the controller....brilliant game though it could have been epic with the 360 processing power....oh well.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Melas Zomos wrote: although about half the people seem to fade on it at the 40hr mark or so.

lightweights! Im around the 150 hour mark at the moment.... first 100 hours just flew by!

Arkham city looks good. I actually liked arkham asylum on the 360 it was quite good, although I got bored and didnt complete it but tbh I have gotten really bored with video games over the last few years and could never play anything for more than an hour. Then Skyrim happened :mrgreen: I even got the previous one ( oblivion ) on the steam sale :roll:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Not very Spartan like....just saying...of course I absolutely hate Mario and everything Mario and have been that way for a long, long, long time. Just don't get it at all

I just like video games to be just that, video games. Complete escapism & nothing to do with the real world. Mario fits that & probably why I've never been much of a fan of these new generation shoot em ups which Playstation & Xbox have made a ton of money out of.

On the flip side I'm quite happy to play a game or three of pong or breakout :supz:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 pm

'the lost levels' was one of my favourite mario games. One of the hardest to finish at the time...... yeah I competed it.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Cookie wrote:On the flip side I'm quite happy to play a game or three of pong or breakout :supz:

No pong at the castle, but I do have an authentic Ms.Pacman and Black Knight pinball, Asteroids is next on the list so if you ever visit I will just throw you down in the dungeon and you will be perfectly happy and content.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 am

Scott"lightweights! Im around the 150 hour mark at the moment.... first 100 hours just flew by![/quote]

I'd think I had a problem if that was me :shock:

[quote="Scott wrote:
'the lost levels' was one of my favourite mario games. One of the hardest to finish at the time...... yeah I competed it.

Never played it :oops: but just been informed we have it :mrgreen:

Melas Zomos wrote:No pong at the castle, but I do have an authentic Ms.Pacman and Black Knight pinball, Asteroids is next on the list so if you ever visit I will just throw you down in the dungeon and you will be perfectly happy and content.

Only you could have "Ms. Pacman" :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Cookie wrote:Only you could have "Ms. Pacman" :finga:

This is where my Superior intellect and genius planning come into play. If you buy the Mrs her favorite game as a kid first, it paves the way for the rest...asteroids, space invaders, missile command, star wars, and the ultimate grab Battlezone and Area 51 :supz:

Take notes kiddies, you may learn a trick or two ;-)
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Next

Return to General Discussion