It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:24 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Success, talent,maybe even genetics.

Agora : the Public Space

Success, talent,maybe even genetics.

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Success, talent maybe even genetics.

Are the best born with the above to succeed in sports or even life?

Or is it something else?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Success, talent,maybe even genetics.

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

too difficult to define what success in life is for me. I know the mainstream would probably measure it in money, houses, career etc but I dont go along with that malarkey.

Success in sports is more obvious to measure. The talent seems to be born into some people, but mental strength can override a lack of talent.
Sometimes it can come down to events in life. Would Ian Freeman have had the level of success he had in the fight game if he hadnt had the shit kicked out of him by 20 odd skinheads when he was young?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 am

Cookie wrote:Success, talent maybe even genetics.

Are the best born with the above to succeed in sports or even life?

Or is it something else?

drive and determination make the greats great, talent has to be there, luck maybe too,

beckham needed to be spotted by someone, but he wanted to be best....a true love of what you do too helps, look at shrek for example a great footballer, but money and stuff got in the way for him, he has lost the passion....good yes, but truly great NO

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:32 am

I've always had the belief that any so called limitations in "genetics" can be overcome if the individual is dedicated & educated enough to push themselves towards whatever their sporting goal is.

I think "genetics" get far too much of the blame for peoples failures in other areas when they fail.

Thought about getting this book which covers some of what I'd been thinking for a while now.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion