It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 am
Change font size

General Discussion

The Avengers

Agora : the Public Space

The Avengers

Postby Cookie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: The Avengers

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

I think it will be good. really looking forward to it. Theres a load of avengers books but this looks closest to Mark Millars ones ( The Ultimates ). If they have based it from there then it will be good.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 pm

When I saw "Avengers" I immediately thought of the 60's version with Purdy :lol:

Agree it looks good. Never saw the Thor movie.

Thought about seeing the 3D Star Wars re-release but a mate said it could be pants because of the way they have done it.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Cookie wrote:When I saw "Avengers" I immediately thought of the 60's version with Purdy :lol:

Agree it looks good. Never saw the Thor movie.

Thought about seeing the 3D Star Wars re-release but a mate said it could be pants because of the way they have done it.

LOL! 'Purdy'.......... I didnt think of Purdy at all but NOW I totally am :heart:

dude, Thor was a brilliant flick. surprisingly so but it really was decent. worth watching.

Im tempted to see the new star wars but Ive kinda gone off 3D. I usually avoid it and go to the 2D screenings now but I might go just for the hell of it.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Scott wrote:dude, Thor was a brilliant flick. surprisingly so but it really was decent. worth watching.

Thor was okay and worth a view to obviously link in with the Avengers which looks awesome, but Thor was not brilliant. Natalie Portman killed the entire flick and deemed it nearly un-watchable. It had the potential to be brilliant, especially if they got that female lead cast right, but it missed the mark. I would rank it 2 out of 5. If she was not in it, then possibly 4.

Now you have to see it to give us another review. Did I mention that Natalie Portman was a terrible choice for that role.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Did I mention that Natalie Portman was a terrible choice for that role.

I thought she was okay in thor. I liked the movie overall so I wanst bothered about her at all. Im less keen on scarlett johansson playing black widow.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Scott wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Did I mention that Natalie Portman was a terrible choice for that role.

I thought she was okay in thor. I liked the movie overall so I wanst bothered about her at all. Im less keen on scarlett johansson playing black widow.

Nah, she ruined it for me. Did not suit the role at all. Thought everybody else was cast okay, especially the gatekeeper.
Funny, really had no issues with Scarlett as Black Widow. Would have rather had seen an unknown in the role, but it did not bother me at all.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Would have liked to have seen Thor. Just never got round to seeing it. Might have to see if I can get the DVD.

Interesting convo over Natalie Portman :lol:

Wasn't a fan of hers in the Star Wars trilogy but she did a lot better than that twonk that played Anakin.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Cookie wrote:Wasn't a fan of hers in the Star Wars trilogy but she did a lot better than that twonk that played Anakin.

Agreed, Star Wars was too bad ass even for her to ruin.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:32 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:Wasn't a fan of hers in the Star Wars trilogy but she did a lot better than that twonk that played Anakin.

Agreed, Star Wars was too bad ass even for her to ruin.

the third one was okay. ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:49 am

steed and purdey was the way forward IMO......LOL
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion