Change font size

General Discussion

HORIZON

Agora : the Public Space

HORIZON

Postby samurai69 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 pm

did you see it yesterday??

Thoughts??

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: HORIZON

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 pm

samurai69 wrote:did you see it yesterday??

Thoughts??

IPlayer later tonight
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:36 pm

ok
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Different.

What did you think of it?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 am

Cookie wrote:Different.

What did you think of it?

new HIIT worked

some interesting bits i guess, but TBH i knew all that, but its good for it to be put across in a fairly decent way on a TV programme

YOU???????????

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:54 pm

samurai69 wrote:YOU???????????

Not overly convinced.

Yes they showed that that system of training worked but how many unfit, desperately in need of exercise people are going to have the will power to go all out for 20 seconds?

In this day & age I can't see many.

Did wonder if it was just pandering to this "I have a busy life & don't have time to train" generation we now seem to have.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Cookie wrote:Did wonder if it was just pandering to this "I have a busy life & don't have time to train" generation we now seem to have.

how many unfit, desperately in need of exercise people are going to have the will power to go all out for 20 seconds?

Yes and zero.

I didnt see the show but I did see the aftermath as people were discussing it and from what I saw they all seemed to have this idea that 3 minutes exercise would be enough to have them in top shape and ready for anything. They genuinely seemed to think that 9 minutes training per week would have them in better condition than someone like myself. I did offer a 3 mile race in about 6 weeks of their super fantastic training versus my shitty old training but no-one went for it :cry:
Personally I think it just gave them some comfort as they somehow felt justified in being sat in front of the tv night after night.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Scott wrote:I didnt see the show but I did see the aftermath as people were discussing it and from what I saw they all seemed to have this idea that 3 minutes exercise would be enough to have them in top shape and ready for anything. They genuinely seemed to think that 9 minutes training per week would have them in better condition than someone like myself. I did offer a 3 mile race in about 6 weeks of their super fantastic training versus my shitty old training but no-one went for it :cry:
Personally I think it just gave them some comfort as they somehow felt justified in being sat in front of the tv night after night.

Count me in on that one if anyone ever does get up for it.

And I'll do my three miler in a weighted vest. :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion