It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:59 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Euro's

Agora : the Public Space

Euro's

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Anyone been watching the matches?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Euro's

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Not me, they will have to prove themselves good and proper before i am interested again
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 pm

just clips and articles on FB.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm

samurai69 wrote:Not me, they will have to prove themselves good and proper before i am interested again

Are you referring to the betting scandals in Italy?

Melas Zomos wrote:just clips and articles on FB.

Nothing showing on US TV?

I know ESPN aint renewing their premiership contract once the current one has run out.

And the Dutch are out :finga:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:24 pm

I am refering to the sham we call a team

when the likes of the FA agree top put in a sensible young squad and train them up I aint interested, that and italy and world cup 2010
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Cookie wrote:Nothing showing on US TV?

Honestly, no clue. Have not really had time to watch the tele. A little wrestling I dvr'd here and there but it seems I wake up, then I blink and its an hour to go till bedtime :shock: . I am sure they are on one of the channels, jeez 600+ channels it has to be on one of them. I will look through the guide tonight just for you.

Cookie wrote:And the Dutch are out :finga:

Dutch, who likes the Dutch? They are bums! That was so ten minutes ago buddy. I am on the Germany bandwagon this year :mrgreen: Or maybe Spain, perhaps Portugal or Czech. I will have to get back to you on this one :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Honestly, no clue. Have not really had time to watch the tele. A little wrestling I dvr'd here and there but it seems I wake up, then I blink and its an hour to go till bedtime :shock: . I am sure they are on one of the channels, jeez 600+ channels it has to be on one of them. I will look through the guide tonight just for you.

Only in America :lol:

Dutch, who likes the Dutch? They are bums! That was so ten minutes ago buddy. I am on the Germany bandwagon this year :mrgreen: Or maybe Spain, perhaps Portugal or Czech. I will have to get back to you on this one :finga:

Ah right your one of those armchair supporters who only supports the winning side to fit in with the "in crowd".

Sounds about right :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Honestly, no clue. Have not really had time to watch the tele. A little wrestling I dvr'd here and there but it seems I wake up, then I blink and its an hour to go till bedtime :shock: . I am sure they are on one of the channels, jeez 600+ channels it has to be on one of them. I will look through the guide tonight just for you.

Only in America :lol:

Yes ESPN is covering it, more or less. Tuned into the Soccer Report show to catch highlights, but it was an our of "goal line technology" debate or as they seemed to think it was not much to be debated at all.

Rugby is the one thing you need to go to satellite for it seems. You can pretty much only get that through Sky and on Direct. Though I do say pubs are starting to sprout up here and there and catering to that beer and rugby at 9am crowd :mrgreen:

Cookie wrote:

Ah right your one of those armchair supporters who only supports the winning side to fit in with the "in crowd".
Sounds about right :roll:

Yup, that would be me :finga: btw I have also migrated to Crossfit :butthead:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Yes ESPN is covering it, more or less. Tuned into the Soccer Report show to catch highlights, but it was an our of "goal line technology" debate or as they seemed to think it was not much to be debated at all.

You can bet your last dollar that if it had been England that had scored that goal there would have been very little talking about goal line technology outside of the UK. The incident from the last world cup & how long its taken FIFA/EUFA to set the ball in motion with trials with the Hawkeye system go to prove it.

Rugby is the one thing you need to go to satellite for it seems. You can pretty much only get that through Sky and on Direct. Though I do say pubs are starting to sprout up here and there and catering to that beer and rugby at 9am crowd :mrgreen:

Rugby in America!!!!! isn't that the game you lot try to play with pads & a helmet? :finga:

btw I have also migrated to Crossfit :butthead:

About time you did something right =D>

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Cookie wrote:You can bet your last dollar that if it had been England that had scored that goal there would have been very little talking about goal line technology outside of the UK. The incident from the last world cup & how long its taken FIFA/EUFA to set the ball in motion with trials with the Hawkeye system go to prove it.

So I take it you are all for it?
I have to say that I feel the other way about it. Looking at it from a hockey/american football/baseball standpoint while it seems the right thing to do, it also seems to detract from the feel of the game for me.

Cookie wrote:Rugby in America!!!!! isn't that the game you lot try to play with pads & a helmet? :finga:

Yeah, well lawyers at work again. Did I ever mention laywers and appliances....Serenity now, serenity now.

Cookie wrote:
btw I have also migrated to Crossfit :butthead:

About time you did something right =D>

FU........N :finga:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:31 pm

samurai69 wrote:I am refering to the sham we call a team

when the likes of the FA agree top put in a sensible young squad and train them up I aint interested, that and italy and world cup 2010

I agree that they rely too much on reputations the last match showed that with Hodgson dropping Carrall for Rooney. Carral had had two decent games & is a perfect target for Gerrard to aim for because the players play together week after week at Liverpool but on comes Rooney when his ban has finished having failed to score for sometime.

Melas Zomos wrote:I have to say that I feel the other way about it. Looking at it from a hockey/american football/baseball standpoint while it seems the right thing to do, it also seems to detract from the feel of the game for me.

American rose tinted spectacles :lol:

Tennis, cricket & rugby have all taken to the new technologies well with no loss of "feel" for the game. If you were to ask pro footballers their opinions on the subject you would probably find that they were in favour of it. The English team have benefited twice from no technology, 1966 world cup & Euro 2012, yet we've pushed for it to be introduced the most. The game continues to get faster & faster through players fitness but also ball technology which makes it harder for the referee to see everything.

Watch the reactions of the players when a ball crosses the line & its not given. Adrenaline rises, they start running around faster, harder & become more aggressive in the seconds after the "injustice" with tackles becoming more erratic as they start to right the wrong.

Recipe for serious injury.

FU........N :finga:

Now now you know it'll do you good :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm

well thats over for another 4 years, wont see anything happen in 2 years time either

stop paying them so much money, have some pride and drive in what they do

we should take our england under 21s and give them a shot......more guts then, the glory

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to General Discussion