It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Old Trafford

Agora : the Public Space

Old Trafford

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Was at Old Trafford on Saturday for the rugby final. Good game but the stadium well erm, on the outside looks fantastic. On the inside its quite impressive until you try to sit down. I aint the tallest of blokes but even I was not impressed with the leg room between each row of seats. Talk about cram em in & stack em high :roll:

And the prices for alcohol, pop or water were atrocious [-X cost me a bloody fortune even outside the stadium for some drinks & food. Make no wonder football is being priced out of a lot of peoples pockets.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Old Trafford

Postby samurai69 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 am

when watford got in to the prem, all the prices went up...tickets, season tickets, drinks and food, even the beer went up on saracens game days
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 am

samurai69 wrote:when watford got in to the prem, all the prices went up...tickets, season tickets, drinks and food, even the beer went up on saracens game days

The prices are a joke. They know they have the fans by the short & curlies.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I assume it is a new stadium, and looks like you are going the route of the NFL here. Used to go 3-4 times a year with friends but it got to the point I was spending 150-200 a pop. Sorry to hear you have once again adopted our ways.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to General Discussion