It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Oh F*CK

Agora : the Public Space

Oh F*CK

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 am

just gone and commited myself to a strongman competition (novices) at the ripe old age of 49 and a Half

90kg log
200kg deadlift
100kg farmers walk
250kg yoke
and
200kg squat frame

not sure if me knees will take it on half the events or if i have the strength for the others, but hey its near xmas and might as well do something, if i dont commit now it may never happen

its down at Rob Framptons "Strength Tech" gym
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Oh F*CK

Postby lil john » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 am

Spot on.
Sounds fun.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 am

What's the date of the comp?

Log, deadlift & farmers I think you'll do quite easily. Yoke shouldn't be too much weight wise for you. I can see the squat playing havoc with your knees.

About time you did something instead of just having a go at me to do more & more :finga:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Cookie wrote:What's the date of the comp?

Log, deadlift & farmers I think you'll do quite easily. Yoke shouldn't be too much weight wise for you. I can see the squat playing havoc with your knees.

About time you did something instead of just having a go at me to do more & more :finga:

log is tough, going down to stregth tec this saturday to work on the log technique and try the squat frame out

plenty of pain killers before and after

deadlift should be ok, farmers if it was hold would be ok, but walking isnt that good because of knees, yoke at hat weight is not too difficult and squat well i have sqiuated 200kg before but not for a few yeasr, still leg press 3 or 4ookg so possible, not expecting much, just the chanxce to compete and gives me a goal to upp my training

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

What's your training routine? Especially leading up to this now?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

lil john wrote:What's your training routine? Especially leading up to this now?

not really a routine, only got 2 weeks and 1 rest week to go

hitting all events heavy 3 times per week for singles and on other 2 days will do higher reps with less weight on all events

cardio HiiT 2 times per week on airdyne

last week will hit all events 1 time at 80% of weight for the full times allowed then rest last few days

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion