It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:20 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Armstrong confession

Agora : the Public Space

Armstrong confession

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Armstrong confession

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

bumping that
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Video off youtube & can't find the second part anywhere ](*,)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Found first part again

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Watched it on the all things gym link. Dunno if same one. But quite good. Still think its amazing how much press he's got for it.

Found it funny when he says if I didn make the comeback we wouldn't be here. Haha.

Also do people think other teams and competitors were not using? Granted not all but a lot must have been.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

lil john wrote:Watched it on the all things gym link. Dunno if same one. But quite good. Still think its amazing how much press he's got for it.

Found it funny when he says if I didn make the comeback we wouldn't be here. Haha.

Also do people think other teams and competitors were not using? Granted not all but a lot must have been.

I hope he was truthful when he said he didn't dope/juice for his 2 comeback races in 2009-10.

As for other teams/racers using.

Goes without saying there would/will be others doing & still doing now. In Graham O'Bree's book "The Flying Scotsman" he names & shames one cycling outfit that wanted him to race for them. His contract lasted less than 24 hours IIRC. There was a clause in his contract that stated how much he had to pay for "medical expenses/insurance" which I think was £10,000 at the time. He was told he either agree or he was out of the team. He's an intelligent man & knew dam well what it was for so told them to shove it.

In the 80's Ben Johnson was the drugs cheat poster boy. And has been for years since.

Then in the 90's it was Dwaine Chambers.

Now in the 2010's it's Lance Armstrong.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Watch whilst you can because they're pulling them down as fast as they are going up :lol:

Parts 1 & 2

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion