It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Qualifications

Agora : the Public Space

Qualifications

Postby lil john » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm

I wondered if anyone knows much about PT qualification. Basics or ones that are worth it, only ones I'm aware of are bwla ones.

Wondered about ones that are good for just personal knowledge and some that are good for actual PT stuff
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Qualifications

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 am

lil john wrote:I wondered if anyone knows much about PT qualification. Basics or ones that are worth it, only ones I'm aware of are bwla ones.

Wondered about ones that are good for just personal knowledge and some that are good for actual PT stuff

none are actually worth it in reality, though there origionally where some that where better than others they have all gone down hill

Premier global and YMCA used to be the best and industry standards, now they are same as others like Life time etc

a good starting point is the Premier diploma in personal training, and then to go on and do strength & conditioning with UKSCA

but that all adds up to a lot of money

who is it for and why
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah alot of info I've seen I don't agree with tbh

And a mate was asking but I also thought maybe in the future when I've developed my training could interesting. A good mate of mine is opening a gym and he wants PT guys to use it and he made the suggestion although IMO I'm no where near ready for that, but as I'm interested in strength and conditioning anyway I thought e good just for my interest and info if I found any reasonable priced ones
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:34 am

to work in a commercial gym, then they want Reps qualified (mine where pre reps) so any of the main PT qualifications will do level 3 is the standard,

with premier i used and use all i was taught, but also had 15 years lifting before i did the course and read up on everything all the time even now
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 am

So reps is the standard then.

I must say the idea keeps comin back I I my head so vw he said, although it would be PT and not working in the gym for the gym, don't know if that makes a difference on myself
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Theres a girl that used to come to my gym, never done any course what so ever, just litened to me and picked up that as well as having a natural ability to teach, i would have taken her on as a PT over maybe 70% of the people that have come in to the gym looking for work......IMHO its down to knowledge and how you put it across, but you have to understand anatomy and physiology etc and more importantly proper teaching cues

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Cheers Paul ill take that on board
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion