It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Our Day at Samsons Strongest man and woman comp

Agora : the Public Space

Our Day at Samsons Strongest man and woman comp

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Had a good weekend of watching (and helping) at 2 comps

First we had our graham compete in the under 90kg class at the British Natural Strongman Qualifiers.....place about mid table, but its only his 4th comp and some heavy events for U90's..... nice weather and i had a few beers which was nice as its my birthday wednesday

Then Yesterday we went downe to Samsons Gym in eastleigh (southampton) was a long day but not too bad. Julie and Naomi from the gym competed and i know probably 50% of the other competitors.

Julie has lost loads of weight and got into the U75kg ladies class, naomi competed in opens..... Julie came away with 3rd and Naomi 4th so both happy with that..... Julie more so LOL as she got a cup

Had a chat with Rob frampton (always a nice guy) and Had a 30 minute chat with Terry Hollands (very nice guy, very un assuming) chatted about his opening a gym down in deptford area and other things...... proper chat like mates, not the usual stuff that you get with meeting celebs, also had a 10 minute chat with Terrys wife (shes really funny on facebook) about her injuries and stuff

we will head off down to terrys once its open for a session

.all in a very good weekend
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Our Day at Samsons Strongest man and woman comp

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Sounds like I'll not recognise Julie when we next meet up if she keeps loosing weight. Must be really nice now she's back doing stuff with you like you used to do with the biking etc?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Cookie wrote:Sounds like I'll not recognise Julie when we next meet up if she keeps loosing weight. Must be really nice now she's back doing stuff with you like you used to do with the biking etc?

yeh its good, as long as she doesnt get too strong LOL
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Great news that
Must be proud of Julie!

Also doing the gym name good getting podiums !
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:10 pm

lil john wrote:Great news that
Must be proud of Julie!

Also doing the gym name good getting podiums !

yeh it helps and chatting with the legends of strongman helps with the credi8ility too

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion