It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Amazon

Agora : the Public Space

Amazon

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:08 pm

With all the bad publicity these have had with the way it treats its workers I decided to check out my books elsewhere. Looked up a book on Amazon then checked who else was selling the same book via its "new & used" option then went directly to that companies website.

Upshot I found the book slightly dearer BUT cheaper overall as there wasn't any postage to pay for and I'm guessing no fee to Amazon :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Amazon

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Cookie wrote:With all the bad publicity these have had with the way it treats its workers I decided to check out my books elsewhere. Looked up a book on Amazon then checked who else was selling the same book via its "new & used" option then went directly to that companies website.

Upshot I found the book slightly dearer BUT cheaper overall as there wasn't any postage to pay for and I'm guessing no fee to Amazon :lol:

fair play to you
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Amazon

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

samurai69 wrote:fair play to you

£9.23 off Wordery post free or would have been closer to 11.00 off Amazon with postage. Amazon did have it off them at 9.25 with free delivery but that's pretty slow if you're not an Amazon Prime user/member.

Teach me to look around more :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to General Discussion