It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:34 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Strongman on Christmas TV

Agora : the Public Space

Strongman on Christmas TV

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:05 am

Managed to watch a couple or three this past week and even though I'm still no fan of Mr Hall's "attitude" I am coming round and impressed with his strength and drive when competing. The way he pushed himself in the Conan's wheel to the point skin getting pulled off his forearms was something else and the comment after dead-lifting nearly naked and not wearing a girlie suit had me in stitches. :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Strongman on Christmas TV

Postby Cookie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Couldn't believe my eyes when I say Sharlei's(sp) lat tear and shoot up his back on the deadlifts :shock:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:29 am

Ed does it for the TV, hes proabbly one of the most genuine guys on the circuit......

Yeh i remember when he said he done it, but didnt get to see it like that..... nasty

but then the guy in WSM heat that tore his quad, saw that go too.....
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 am

samurai69 wrote:Ed does it for the TV, hes proabbly one of the most genuine guys on the circuit......

You've met him haven't you?

Yeh i remember when he said he done it, but didnt get to see it like that..... nasty

There was a camera right to the side of him and as he started to pull the camera caught it as his lat shot upwards. That muts have hurt.

but then the guy in WSM heat that tore his quad, saw that go too.....

Saw him going down in the squat rolling around in agony.

Last nights was a decent episode "Thor" looks good. Shame about Ostlund having to wait to see if he goes through on a wildcard.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Eddis on at 8 tonight

yeh met eddie, he did a seminar down here and i also donated some collars to him

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:41 am

Close event yesterday and quite low scoring. 25.5 or 26 needed to have a chance with qualifying with a wildcard.

Slow start for Shahlaei but he came good in the last few events and his yoke was epic :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:24 am

yep very close

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Enjoyable final and very close. Thinking an hour long program isn't long enough for an event like this. Some of the events were more about showing the top 3 or 4 athletes and that was it.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:59 am

Cookie wrote:Enjoyable final and very close. Thinking an hour long program isn't long enough for an event like this. Some of the events were more about showing the top 3 or 4 athletes and that was it.

considering this version was for english tv there should have been more about the english guys, treey did a fast stone run that we didnt see for example

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 am

samurai69 wrote:considering this version was for english tv there should have been more about the english guys, treey did a fast stone run that we didnt see for example

Coverage was poor & I saw the post on FB you put of Terry's stones. They really need to sort out the whole thing. Too much pandering to the American audience.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 am

agree

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:52 am

What was the issue with the stones?

I thought it should be longer, 12 guys and still just 1 hour long.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to General Discussion