It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 am
Change font size

General Discussion

getting there

Agora : the Public Space

getting there

Postby samurai69 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:58 am

Finally Practicing what i preach with training, Roll and Mobilize, get stronger, get fitter, get faster and more flexible, re learn how to move correctly again and with Just over 6 weeks of training (7 to comp) for my first comp of the year and its only 8 to my second I feel on track.

Trainings going well, but its going to be a massive step up for the first 1, an Opens comp, second is Masters comp, but Open weight too, still a little off the numbers but stronger and fitter than i have been for a while (as long as i stay injury free....LOL)

Then i get plenty of time to train up for the last comp of the year for me which is still 7 months away, thats 105kg and Masters so much closer to the rest of the field.

Got 3 or 4 event training sessions booked with some of the strongest lifters in the country, hopefully some of that will rub off too.

Should be a good year of training and competing
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: getting there

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Good going =D>

I hope to do the same over the coming months and win races/comps next year.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

Sounds good mate!

Do you follow any general plan or just chip away at it all?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:01 pm

lil john wrote:Sounds good mate!

Do you follow any general plan or just chip away at it all?

well the plan is to be well rounded so its a case of hitting all the weak areas as well as getting stronger in the big lifts..... so a bit of both really

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion