It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Sitting at work

Agora : the Public Space

Sitting at work

Postby lil john » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 am

Genuinely think it's crippling me

Normally towards end of day shoulder and back are starting to kick off. Not great before training

Today I've been at work an hour and my back is cramping. Almost feel the work I do to get it better is just being messed up at work

I was sitting in the squat position for a couple minutes a time but now I'm getting holes in my trousers lmao

Tempted to put boxes on my desk to raise monitor/keyboard/mouse
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Sitting at work

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:30 am

would be worth it, most companies want you to be efficient and are happy to get the right kit in to allow for better posture in the work place........ i would deffo put boxes under things to raise to proper heights
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am

Just been told by my commercial manager of I out boxes under my stuff the directors will moan lmfao
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:36 pm

I would make time at home to try and do the squatting before and after work. Especially after work to try and undo the damage done at work each day. I do my hangs and pec stretch nearly everyday and have found benefits in back and shoulders just need more time to get the squatting in.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby steve1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 am

you could be in the wrong recovery position for your sport and need to move around more get the blood flowing
when I used to train weights I was forever having aches and pains with sitting all day and I think it could have something to do with blood restriction if that makes any sense
now my sport has changed to anaerobic/aerobic (boxing and running)im fine with having to sit at my desk all day
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to General Discussion