It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Why is it.....

Agora : the Public Space

Why is it.....

Postby Cap » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:42 pm

....That so many people think everything comes easy and that you dont really need to work at anything? Like relationships, sculpting a great physique, losing fat, quitting smoking, etc
Cap

Re: Why is it.....

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Cap wrote:....That so many people think everything comes easy and that you dont really need to work at anything? Like relationships, sculpting a great physique, losing fat, quitting smoking, etc

Because as a species/society we have had things inplace to make life easier...

Go back to our grandparents age and they would for example deem being unemployed as a stigma, not nowadays people in some cases end up better off milking the state and not working.

We live in a nanny state/world(western0 and have forgotten with each generation what it is like to truelly have to work hard at something so we believe that everything else will be just as easy...imo
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Why is it.....

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Cap wrote:....That so many people think everything comes easy and that you dont really need to work at anything? Like relationships, sculpting a great physique, losing fat, quitting smoking, etc

Personally i think it is easy, as long as the determination and focus and INTENT are there

When i packed up smoking (i was a 40 per day smoker for atleast 15 years) It was the easiest thing i ever did...............Why? because for the first time, i really wanted to pack up

I am sure that OSC and other competing BBers when they decided to compete, found it easy to remain focussed on the job in hand , they set about it with determination, focus and INTENT on reaching their goals.....OK the journey may not have been easy, but i am sure that it was easier for them than it was for the person that tries for an hour or two then gives up and goes back to his pizza and coke <<<<<not that that is wrong as long as he continues to try.

Even relationships, become easy........as long as you apply the rules of determination, focus and INTENT...........

When i say easy, what i mean is easier, because the concentration and the focus remain on the job in hand

Pick a Job you hate, ironing or sweeping or something and instead of putting it off.......really focus on it,indent on doing the best job you can, smile ................. What happened at the end of the job?........all of a sudden it wasnt that bad, it became easy even enjoyable.

The problem with most people is that the either dont really want to do it (at that time - the attitude may change with time or age etc).

If you look at the way the japanese approach work, life, play , its 100% focused on the job in hand........and results are always acheived

:roll: :grin: :lol: :eek:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion