It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:06 pm
Change font size

Injury / Rehab

Back pain, the idiots guide

If its broke we can fix it.

Back pain, the idiots guide

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Back pain, the idiots guide

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Great article, very safe and simple exercises. Forgotten about a few of them.
Have you though of adding a FB share button to those blogs?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Great article, very safe and simple exercises. Forgotten about a few of them.

Thanks. Hoping to add another blog on the same subject.

Have you though of adding a FB share button to those blogs?

We did, never got round to finishing it & thanks for bringing it back up. We'll have to get on with it. Feel free to share the article(s) though till we have a button up. :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Just did your foot workout....great little workout that exposed a few weakness.

What was difficult for me was the towel scrunches, man it takes a lot to get to the end of that towell, I think I need to start with a dishrag instead :mrgreen:

I would say the most eye opening was the toe spreads. I have absolutely no spread at all. I can not even imagine putting a rubber on them. :shock:

Plenty of work ahead it seems.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

with the scrunching you can tighten your arch so much that you can lose a shoe size
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm

samurai69 wrote:with the scrunching you can tighten your arch so much that you can lose a shoe size

That would be a big help as my lifting and skating shoes do not come in half sizes and the toes have started jamming up. Next size up is too much of a gap.

Will make it a habit to include, thanks
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Just did your foot workout....great little workout that exposed a few weakness.

Good to see you liked it. That'll be $5000 thank you :mrgreen:

What was difficult for me was the towel scrunches, man it takes a lot to get to the end of that towell, I think I need to start with a dishrag instead :mrgreen:

What's the betting you used a beach towel :roll:

Actually good point raised there. I might need to edit the article to suggest people start off with a regular hand towel & build from there.

Did you notice any differences between each foot?

I would say the most eye opening was the toe spreads. I have absolutely no spread at all. I can not even imagine putting a rubber on them. :shock:

Not pretty this end either. Can spread most of them but everything looked crooked & it takes a lot of concentration & effort.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Just did your foot workout....great little workout that exposed a few weakness.
Good to see you liked it. That'll be $5000 thank you :mrgreen:

Checks in the royal mail :mrgreen: Sorry Western Union acct would have looked too suspicious.

Cookie wrote:What's the betting you used a beach towel :roll:

Good sized bath towell, so pretty much, yea.

Cookie wrote:Did you notice any differences between each foot?

yes, strangely the one I thought would be the weaker, as that foot does tend to flank out was the stronger of the two.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Checks in the royal mail :mrgreen: Sorry Western Union acct would have looked too suspicious.

Don't expect that cheque to arrive then :lol:

yes, strangely the one I thought would be the weaker, as that foot does tend to flank out was the stronger of the two.

I found I was better with my non dominant foot :-k

Any soreness today in your feet from doing the exercises?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Injury / Rehab