It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am
Change font size

Injury / Rehab

BPC157 & TB500

If its broke we can fix it.

BPC157 & TB500

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am

Pentadecapeptide BPC 157, composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolated from human gastric juice. Experimentally it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including transected rat Achilles tendon. This study was designed to investigate the potential mechanism of BPC 157 to enhance healing of injured tendon. The outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants cultured with or without BPC 157 was examined. Results showed that BPC 157 significantly accelerated the outgrowth of tendon explants. Cell proliferation of cultured tendon fibroblasts derived from rat Achilles tendon was not directly affected by BPC 157 as evaluated by MTT assay. However, the survival of BPC 157-treated cells was significantly increased under the H(2)O(2) stress. BPC 157 markedly increased the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner as revealed by transwell filter migration assay. BPC 157 also dose dependently accelerated the spreading of tendon fibroblasts on culture dishes. The F-actin formation as detected by FITC-phalloidin staining was induced in BPC 157-treated fibroblasts. The protein expression and activation of FAK and paxillin were determined by Western blot analysis, and the phosphorylation levels of both FAK and paxillin were dose dependently increased by BPC 157 while the total amounts of protein was unaltered. In conclusion, BPC 157 promotes the ex vivo outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants, cell survival under stress, and the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts, which is likely mediated by the activation of the FAK-paxillin pathway.

TB-500 is an injectable peptide drug which can be used to promote healing, enhance range of motion in cases of injury, or reduce pain in case of injury by reducing inflammation. As yet its human use has been relatively uncommon and limited to individuals who like to experiment. Use in race horses has been more widespread, though it’s not a prescription veterinary drug.
When to use TB-500

I’d recommend considering TB-500 in cases of acute injury where, as judged from experience, healing might otherwise be slow, or in cases of chronic injury where healing otherwise simply isn’t occurring.

The types of injury that are aided include tendinitis and muscle tears or strains, but may include many types of muscle and connective tissue injury, as well as skin injury. Where muscle injury results in impaired flexibility, TB-500 can provide substantial improvement. With regard to racing horses, it’s claimed to prevent the formation of adhesions. Whether this is true in humans or even horses I cannot say, but there’s substantial indication that it helps treat existing adhesions.

: In many but not all instances, TB-500 has given remarkable benefits for such cases. I very much think it’s worth trying.

TB-500 is a synthetic peptide related to the hormone thymosin beta-4. That hormone is widely present in low levels in the body and can have profound positive effects on wound healing. These healing effects can occur in at least muscle, tendons, ligaments, skin, the heart, and the eye. It’s produced in higher concentration where tissue damage has occurred. Part of how it produces benefit is that myocytes and myoblast cells are attracted to the site of injury and aid healing. Another part is that thymosin beta-4 is potently anti-inflammatory.

It’s fair to call thymosin beta-4 one of the body’s key natural means of promoting healing.

Protein hormones such as thymosin beta-4 are very large molecules. They’re so large they cannot fit entirely into the receptors of cells. Instead, a small section of the hormone will fit into the receptor. Different sections can have different activities. It’s been learned that useful effects can be achieved by short peptide chains matching these sections, without need of the entire large protein.

TB-500 closely matches a short section of thymosin beta-4. This short section has been found to provide at least most of the benefits of the complete thymosin beta-4 molecule, and is more readily manufactured. For healing injury, TB-500 may be just as effective as thymosin beta-4. Certainly, TB-500 has far more of a practical track record, as many have used it while few if any have used the entire thymosin beta-4 hormone.

An ordinary course of use is about 4 or 5 mg per week, for example at 2 mg twice per week, taken for 4 to 6 weeks. Where an injury has been really chronic, this is typically followed by maintenance use at a lesser rate. There’s no standard method so far as I know, but in my opinion 1 mg per week is reasonable.

It would not be able to do anything to correct structural problems with the rotator cuff, but fortunately it sounds as if your dad has no such issue. It’s possible TB-500 might reduce his chronic inflammation, and it might promote normalization of the affected muscle tissue. And it might well help your body heal your tendinitis.

It doesn’t work in all cases, but the reasonable chance of success makes it well worth considering.
TB-500 is a synthetic peptide related to the hormone thymosin beta-4
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: BPC157 & TB500

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 pm

I would need a bucket of both to bath in and some GH thrown in for good measure. :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Injury / Rehab