It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 pm
Change font size

All Things Running

running shoes V barefoot

Think Differently

Re: running shoes V barefoot

Postby samurai69 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 am

much of this knowledge is specific to my own running. I cannot say with any certainty how you or anyone else will be affected by running barefoot. I can offer that common sense advice that says do it gradually, but much more research and reliable opinion needs to be sourced before me or anyone else can safely recommend barefoot running without personal consultation.

all good points
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

I have to say that I am growing pretty fond of the vivo neo’s. While I do not use them continually, I have been using them to run and most recently I worked them in a rain forest hike where the performed admirably over miles of rock, mud, and the like. Even better they really served well as a water shoe in which I went swimming in several watering holes that also offered rocks to climb and then jump off into the waterfalls. They cleaned very well too and I plan on using them on any forthcoming mud runs.
The only negatives I can say, as related to that adventure, were that they do take quite a long time to dry, longer than other shoes seem to. However unlike other shoes they do clean up better and return to previous form without stiffness or smell.
The only other negative was extremely minor in that the low cut of the shoe did allow an occasional small stone in the shoe while swimming, but it was pretty turbulent waters and forceful waterfalls due to rain up on the mountains. 2 small stones in 4 hrs is hardly noteworthy, but I figured I would throw it out there.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:00 am

Melas Zomos wrote:The only negatives I can say, as related to that adventure, were that they do take quite a long time to dry, longer than other shoes seem to.

These would be more suitable for those situations.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:The only negatives I can say, as related to that adventure, were that they do take quite a long time to dry, longer than other shoes seem to.

These would be more suitable for those situations.

Wow, what little cool factor I have left would certainly be gone with those, lol.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Wow, what little cool factor I have left would certainly be gone with those, lol.

I quite like them. Would be good for summer.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to All Things Running