It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 pm
Change font size

All Things Running

running shoes V barefoot

Think Differently

Re: running shoes V barefoot

Postby samurai69 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:46 am

if he does come back i will mention it too him see if he has any ideas
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Quite a good idea although the initial outlay is quite expensive.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:16 am

Cookie wrote:Quite a good idea although the initial outlay is quite expensive.

seen those mentioned in this months runners world. interesting idea.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 am

Scott wrote:seen those mentioned in this months runners world. interesting idea.

That`s where I got the link from :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 am

Making more & more of an effort to wear my barefoot shoes when not at work. Doing that much walking now its playing havoc with my feet & ankles.

Not tried running in them.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Watching ninja warrior at the moment & a load of them use footwear with a split in the toe area, similar to Nike rift shoes.

S69 have you ever used any of these "ninja" shoes?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

Cookie wrote:Watching ninja warrior at the moment & a load of them use footwear with a split in the toe area, similar to Nike rift shoes.

S69 have you ever used any of these "ninja" shoes?

tabi (sp) only when playing at ninjas

TBH no not really other than when playing at ninjas and they felt ok a little more grip from the toes with the lighter soles.....ones we had where a light rubber sole

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:53 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Done a little experimenting with using by barefoot style shoes.

Work shoes all but disintegrated in the heels so whilst I was waiting for some new ones to come I switch to my Vivo Barfoot shoes. Completely different to the Magnum shoes I use for work which make me look 3 inches taller there is that much "cushioning" in the soles &b heels.

I was covering roughly 15 miles a day in the Vivo`s if you take into consideration walking to work, working in the office then working outside. Feet on the first day felt it from the lack of cushioning. Achilles & soleus muscles the next day had some pretty heavy DOM`s. So much so I had to wear my shin guards during work to help with blood flow & recovery.

A week in the Vivo`s both in & out of work went well, with a noticeable decrease in foot soreness of any kind after work. There was also an improvement, from what I could feel, in ankle & foot strength. Especially around the ankle bone itself & the Peroneals.

Yesterday went out in new work shoes which are a nice wide fitting & suffered most of the day with aching feet. Got back to work & could not wait to get them off my feet. Arrived home & feet had not hurt like this for over a week whilst I had not been using works shoes. This morning I noticed a tightening sensation in my Soleus muscle which was not there before. Even my massage therapist had suggested that it could be work shoe related when I have had them up in the past to sort out these tight spots. They also work at the same place as me & refuse to wear work shoes.

Spent a lot of time surfing the net looking up the various "barefoot" style shoes & the prices are a major issue. Its obscene what companies are asking especially when you look at them & wonder whether they would be any good in the rain & you dam well that they would not be suitable during heavy periods of snow or ice.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:49 am

the guy from the running shop, though he hasnt been in for a while, when he was in, was talking about strengthening the arche and reducing the actual sho size, cant remember the guy he was talking about, but he went from a size 10 or 11 down to a 9 just through proper strengthening of the arch

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am

samurai69 wrote:the guy from the running shop, though he hasnt been in for a while, when he was in, was talking about strengthening the arche and reducing the actual sho size, cant remember the guy he was talking about, but he went from a size 10 or 11 down to a 9 just through proper strengthening of the arch

You mentioned it when I was down at the gym. That was what gave me the idea to try when I had the opportunity.

Now all I need to do is find a pair of Vibram fivefingers for a decent price & not the 100-160£ that the shops are asking.

Seen some on ebay from China at less than £40 inc shipping but at that price I`m a little suspect.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:the guy from the running shop, though he hasnt been in for a while, when he was in, was talking about strengthening the arche and reducing the actual sho size, cant remember the guy he was talking about, but he went from a size 10 or 11 down to a 9 just through proper strengthening of the arch

You mentioned it when I was down at the gym. That was what gave me the idea to try when I had the opportunity.

Now all I need to do is find a pair of Vibram fivefingers for a decent price & not the 100-160£ that the shops are asking.

Seen some on ebay from China at less than £40 inc shipping but at that price I`m a little suspect.

maybe, the quality is down, but maybe worth a try at£40.....the lifting shoes they do at £50 are pretty good......obviously noit from same place, but from china

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running