It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 am
Change font size

All Things Running

running shoes V barefoot

Think Differently

Re: running shoes V barefoot

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:36 pm

samurai69 wrote:maybe, the quality is down, but maybe worth a try at£40.....the lifting shoes they do at £50 are pretty good......obviously noit from same place, but from china

Would prefer to be 100% sure I am getting the real deal or there would be a chance of my feet paying the price for ill fitting ones.

Number four.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19130_6- ... t-all.html
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10 pm

is it just me or is that entire article a moronic piece of internet pseudo-journalism shit. I wanted to punch myself in the face after reading it as I felt I needed punished somehow.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Scott wrote:is it just me or is that entire article a moronic piece of internet pseudo-journalism shit. I wanted to punch myself in the face after reading it as I felt I needed punished somehow.

Its not a good one :lol:

They seem to have gone to the other end of the scale were as a lot of those in favour of the barefoot method go to their own extremes as it being all & end all of everything that is wrong with you if because you`ve got shoes on.

Still wearing my Vivo`s as much as possible & have added in daily sessions of foot rolling with a hard rubber dog ball. Finding some extremely sore/tough areas all over the sole. Had one session around a week ago which was bizarre. Whilst rolling near the very edge of the outside one foot the tip of the toe next to the big toe crack. There was an instantaneous release of tension over the entire foot :shock: That has not been the only time that I have found my feet cracking & popping when I have been rolling them.

One negative effect of doing all this is that it is quite addictive because it is so relaxing but you have to be careful as doing too much leads to tender feet the following day.

Once this next race is over I will be saving up & buying either another pair of Vivo`s designed to run in or a pair if Vibram five fingers with the sole intention (no pun intended) of doing a little running work in them to judge for myself if there are any benefits that can be carried over to when using regular running footwear during 10k races.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 pm

back in my running days , nike or one of those came up with an ultra light race shoe with minimal padding /support
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:44 pm

samurai69 wrote:back in my running days , nike or one of those came up with an ultra light race shoe with minimal padding /support

Which Newton & INOV8 are now coming out with & charging a fortune for :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:back in my running days , nike or one of those came up with an ultra light race shoe with minimal padding /support

Which Newton & INOV8 are now coming out with & charging a fortune for :roll:

yeh.....

the ones then werent cheap either
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Not sure if I have posted this before;

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123031997

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby wilkes2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 pm

If you are really looking into a barefoot-type run I strongly reccomend the Vibram five fingers. You truly get what you pay for and they have different types for what activities you perform. I have had a pair of KSO( running, crossfit, lifting) for about a year. The first time I ran in them I ran 3 miles at a 7 minute pace. The next day I couldnt walk because my calves were destroyed. Slowly build into the running or your legs will be wrecked. I absolutely love them. Also Merrell just came out with its Equivalent to the Five fingers. Another great company with a huge reputation for outstanding product.
Sine Metu
wilkes2011
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 pm

wilkes2011 wrote:If you are really looking into a barefoot-type run I strongly reccomend the Vibram five fingers. You truly get what you pay for and they have different types for what activities you perform. I have had a pair of KSO( running, crossfit, lifting) for about a year. The first time I ran in them I ran 3 miles at a 7 minute pace. The next day I couldnt walk because my calves were destroyed. Slowly build into the running or your legs will be wrecked. I absolutely love them. Also Merrell just came out with its Equivalent to the Five fingers. Another great company with a huge reputation for outstanding product.

Running in my Vivo`s left me with the very same soreness issues :lol:

Have a pair of their NEO`s on the way because the reviews I have been reading have been very favourable as a more cross trainer than their EVO`s which is more a pure running shoe.

I`m waiting for a reply regarding sizing issues with the Vibram`s & had been looking at the KSO`s & Trek versions for what I want to do with them.

I will look into the Merrell version, thank you.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Taking barefoot running to another level.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Ouch....That will be a "no thank you" on this end ;-)
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 am

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running