All Things Running

Countdown To Destruction

Think Differently

Re: Countdown To Destruction

Postby samurai69 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 pm

cool....enjoyed the day

and kid came second remember so at least 1 cookie podium finisher

after a beer you didnt look to be limping much ....lol

great fun lifting the stones.....i know they are different to inver, but it gave me a boost................and i want that LOG!!..........what great fun

cheers steve...........we will get you stronger and faster next time.................Tak and i now understand the whole thing a bit more, which will help

man that 1st guy was way way out in front...........
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:08 pm

race sounded awesome. roll on next year. looking forward to seeing the pics.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 am

Chris wrote:well done! =D> =D> =D>

Thanks Chris :grin:

Samurai69 wrote:cool....enjoyed the day

and kid came second remember so at least 1 cookie podium finisher

Yep our second born blasted out of the blocks & came second, at one point he looked like he would make first..Kid was made up & can`t wait to get back to school to show off his certificate, that & he keeps ribbing his brother he got e better placed finish :lol: Eldest lad did very well also, running in much faster & higher placed than the year before. =D>

after a beer you didnt look to be limping much ....lol

Feels better today. Have a week off work so ample time for it to recover.1 pint was enough :lol:

great fun lifting the stones.....i know they are different to inver, but it gave me a boost................and i want that LOG!!..........what great fun

Not a cat in hells chance of getting that log & if shed is broken into as you threatened I`ll tell police where to look first....YOUR GYM... :lol:

Anyway as per normal you came away with some new equipment for your gym with the possibility of even more stuff. Wonder if & when you get it open & I visit I`ll be able to walk out with some bits & bats I wouldn`t mind for my own training :-k

You did well once you got going with the stones, will piece clips together this week & post on forum along with the log lifts.

cheers steve...........we will get you stronger and faster next time.................Tak and i now understand the whole thing a bit more, which will help

Can`t wait for next year. Finishing the race after all that went on was one huge mental boost, can`t thank yourself or Takmaster enough for keeping me on track this past week especially, mentally I was gone & could have walked away quite easily some days.

man that 1st guy was way way out in front...........

Just a bit, BUT I have sussed his race plan ;-)

He gets right to the front at the start line & to the inside so he has a clear run at getting a lead. Then he just hammers it to get out in front & stay there. No one there this year to test him unlike the ex-para who pushed him all the way year before to finish line, yet he still managed to beat his previous time by 4 seconds. I will have a better idea of how the start went when they show some clips on local news channels today or tomorrow to see how it all panned out in first 100 yards.

For me next year it will have to be a better bag placement (higher on traps) so I can see clearer with less looking at peoples feet, more looking ahead & hunting down the prey :twisted:.

On the front with him at starting line to tuck in behind him for some wind resistance :lol: & pacing with the whole intention of being able to have that finish in me that I had this time around which shocked me how much was left in my legs.

Been a tough 12 months especially during the winter dragging my sorry ass down to the field in all weathers to do interval sprints whilst cursing Tak under my breath for such a punishing set of workouts. Learnt so much from you mate on understanding what proper cardiovascular training is all about & I know what I did was only the tip of the iceberg of what can be done by the human body if you want to win. Opened up a whole new world for me it really has.

As I mentioned on the day when chatting with yourself & S69 the A rating chart is probably the best thing I could have got & without it would have properly screwed myself up training for this. Or as S69 usually says to me "your bloody over thinking it again" :lol: & more than likely would have by a long long way if I had done this alone.

Great day, bloody fantastic day in fact & experience topped off with having Takmaster & S69 there (with their wives) to share it.

Link to photographs taken of the day

http://www.forrestphotography.net/portfolio92070.html

A great one of me in full flow during final sprint http://www.forrestphotography.net/photo4700611.html

Just reviewed video footage that wife managed to get, I timed it at 2:02 minutes from winner passing her to when I did.

Rough calculation would have my finishing time at around 6:31 or 39 seconds slower than previous run when I was injury free & could gun for it from the off.

I`m proud of that :grin:

Heart rate peaked at 211 during race :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby tomato » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 pm

WELL DONE Cookie!!!!!
tomato
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:27 pm

tomato wrote:WELL DONE Cookie!!!!!

Cheer buddy...

Bumping for S69 to send me photo`s he got especially the one of how much the leg was taped up before the race.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Cookie wrote:
tomato wrote:WELL DONE Cookie!!!!!

Cheer buddy...

Bumping for S69 to send me photo`s he got especially the one of how much the leg was taped up before the race.

will do tomorrow.......3 different cameras to do

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 am

Still sore, lethargic & general feeling of being hit by something quite large. 9 hours sleep last night which is virtually unknown for me.

Body must be realising its all over & wants to play catch up, playing havoc with my holiday & not good when I`m falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon when I am supposed to be doing stuff with family.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 am

Cookie wrote:Still sore, lethargic & general feeling of being hit by something quite large. 9 hours sleep last night which is virtually unknown for me.

Body must be realising its all over & wants to play catch up, playing havoc with my holiday & not good when I`m falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon when I am supposed to be doing stuff with family.

i ache a bit from the lifting still so maybe a little roll over of that as well as the race................

its funny you get all the build up to these things, then once its over your body takes a massive dive, from the training, from the adrenalin from the race...............they all add up

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 am

samurai69 wrote: i ache a bit from the lifting still so maybe a little roll over of that as well as the race................

its funny you get all the build up to these things, then once its over your body takes a massive dive, from the training, from the adrenalin from the race...............they all add up

I think that is what I am experiencing, not something I have gone through before. yesterday I was just a mess, mentally, physically & emotionally, just did not want to move & had trouble even holding a conversation my brain was running that slow, worse than being on a low carb diet.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 pm

From local news on Monday which none of use was watching cos we where eating pizza :lol:

http://www.itv.com/yorkshire/coal-carrying-champs92638/

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:39 pm

S69`s handy work for protecting the injured calf.
Attachments
tape3 (Small).jpg
tape3 (Small).jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
tape4 (Small).jpg
tape4 (Small).jpg (37.26 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm

That's going straight onto the foot fetish site I run for gay women (www.achillesbians.com)
Al
Banished

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running