It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:15 am
Change font size

All Things Running

Countdown To Destruction

Think Differently

Re: Countdown To Destruction

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Al wrote:That's going straight onto the foot fetish site I run for gay women (http://www.achillesbians.com)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:28 pm

that looks like some serious strapping!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Scott wrote:that looks like some serious strapping!

Allowed the warrior to do the job though ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:51 am

Right that`s it all done for this year & the planning is already on going for next year with the aim of a top 10 & podium finish are the main goals. After that a season of runs/events which I will be researching over the next few months to plan training around.

Time to be competitive again & get the name of Spartan Warriors out there, feared & revered :twisted:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Before I forget,

Overheard some of the other racers talking about the guy who holds the WR (4:06), seems he ran the course minus any weight in around 1:56 if I heard correctly :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Cookie wrote: seems he ran the course minus any weight in around 1:56 if I heard correctly :shock:

do you know roughly your times for the course without weight?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Cookie wrote:Before I forget,

Overheard some of the other racers talking about the guy who holds the WR (4:06), seems he ran the course minus any weight in around 1:56 if I heard correctly :shock:

1 km in 1:56? At that pace he'd be on track for a 3:06 mile with hills :shock:
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Scott wrote:do you know roughly your times for the course without weight?

First ever run around 15 months ago 4:29

Last run around 6-8 weeks ago 3:47

Goal for this year is 3 minutes or sub that if possible. Intend to do test runs throughout the year to keep an eye on progress & how each training program is helping with improvements.

Al wrote:1 km in 1:56? At that pace he'd be on track for a 3:06 mile with hills:shock:

Same thought had gone through my mind as well Al. My only conclusion was that if he maintained that initial speed how much further past the official course length could he manage to go? That is a difficult one to answer, when you compare times like that to the likes of Roger Bannister they look amazing YET Bannister planned each lap of his mile attempt to within 1-2 seconds to keep his race pace even enough to allow for a big push on the final straight.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 am

Al wrote:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Fastest_kilometer_run

After hearing them talk I was sceptical at the time & was always of the impression that a sub 3 minute non weighted run was required to have a chance of winning the race once loaded up.

I wonder how those guys in your link would have managed time wise if asked to do the course with full weight on their backs?

A bit of comparing apples to oranges springs to mind.

Next 12 months will be interesting as I aim to get my own non weighted run times down & how each training program helps me do that.

Basics for the race is the endurance of a 1500 metre runner with the strength & speed of a 400 meter sprinter.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 am

Cookie wrote:
Al wrote:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Fastest_kilometer_run

After hearing them talk I was sceptical at the time & was always of the impression that a sub 3 minute non weighted run was required to have a chance of winning the race once loaded up.

I wonder how those guys in your link would have managed time wise if asked to do the course with full weight on their backs?

A bit of comparing apples to oranges springs to mind.

Next 12 months will be interesting as I aim to get my own non weighted run times down & how each training program helps me do that.

Basics for the race is the endurance of a 1500 metre runner with the strength & speed of a 400 meter sprinter.

I was comparing apples with apples (but maybe different types of apple). Whether the world record holders could run with a weight on their back is irrelevant, and not the point I'm trying to make. I was comparing his unweighted run over a km to that of the current world record holders over a km to get a feel for how he stacked up.

1) Your goal is for a podium finish/win the race/new world record.

2) That means that you have to beat this 1:56 runner.

3) If you are basing the next 12 months training on his times, whether it's his training time, race times, weighted/unweighted then it pays to get it accurate otherwise you're basing your goals on hearsay & Chinese whispers.

4) I had no idea what a good time is for a 1km race, thats' why I Googled it.

5) If the 1:56 is accurate, then: he ran 1km faster than the current record holder:

Outside/in training/on the pavement/up hills

vs

Indoor/race conditions/track/flat.

Given that, it's more likely that 1:56 is not correct and has been distorted a bit intentionally or not. Maybe he threw that time into a conversation to psych out the competition who knows?. You can be sure of his race time as well as that of the other top 10 finishers and they will give you more accurate short term goals to pick off rather than something you thought you heard a couple of guys say.
Al
Banished

Postby Al » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:36 am

Maybe he ran the course downhill.

Simple solution:

Ask him.
Al
Banished

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running