All Things Running

NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Think Differently

NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Postby Cookie » Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 pm

New blog posted.

NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Enjoy.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 am

You almost have me sold. I just can not reason out why they cost so much? Is it warranted? How can a shoe that it is more like a slipper.......
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 am

Melas Zomos wrote:You almost have me sold. I just can not reason out why they cost so much? Is it warranted? How can a shoe that it is more like a slipper.......

I`ve updated the post because of:

a) I had missed some points in the original post that I thought were relevant.

b) One of those points was to cover what you have posted above.

You`ll notice from the blog they were quite willing to exchange my original purchase because of the small loose threads that appeared. I know the wife had a nightmare of a time trying to get a pair of shoes replaced for a similar issue in a high street shoe shop with the shop practically blaming the wife for the fault with the shoe [-X

The initial cost is peanuts compared to the amount of eventual wear you will get out of them. Just look at how long I have had my original pair.

I am quite confident that they will help tremendously with that suspect ankle of yours. I have had ankle issues in the past and with this last pair getting so much use in a relatively short space of time I can feel the extra strength coming through. This is from a guy who has spent a lot of money on sports massage, podiatrists and orthotics(sp) in the past. If a person needs to wear a built up sole then there is an underlying issue and IMHO anyone who advices just seeking the route of a "suitable" shoe is in the wrong. My own experiences have shown that. Even though I still have some way to go to regain full strength and flexibility.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri May 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update.
Do you feel these shoes can be used with olympic style lifts once one has gone through the breaking in process? Or would one have to use this shoe for say gpp and the like and then switch over to other shoes if cleans with a stomp, or especially spit snatches were on the docket?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Thanks for the update.
Do you feel these shoes can be used with olympic style lifts once one has gone through the breaking in process? Or would one have to use this shoe for say gpp and the like and then switch over to other shoes if cleans with a stomp, or especially spit snatches were on the docket?

not a fan of "cleans with a stomp" unless the high explosion has created it and most just jump for the sake of it, however if you are powering in to the floor IMO a lifting shoe is best, for powerlifting moves once they are sorted its a good shoe from what i saw of them

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri May 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Thanks for the update.

Some good questions & ones I hope to have the answers to once I have tested them out in those environments.

At present I`ve on used mine for walking, very gentle short jogs (this will intensify) & 2 sessions of dead-lifts. They`ve been perfect for all. Even a couple of sprints against the kids :lol:

The NEO is a lot more cushioned in its feel & construction around the arch compared to their regular shoes & sandals which are completely flat. This shape gives it a "closer" fit around the arch & under the foot which will give it greater applications than the EVO or ULTRA which are pure minimalist running shoes IMHO.

I`m quietly confident that these will be very multi functional.

Its not uncommon for me to wear multiple styles of shoes per workout because I have felt different ones suited different exercises :lol:

Unsure about the "stomp" I`m not a fan of it as it caused havoc with my knees & ankles when I introduced it. But apart from my experiences I might air on the side of caution when doing something like that if your going from a shoe with a sole that is anything up to 2+ inches thick, maybe cushioned, to a shoe that has a sole that`s only 6mm`s thick. That`s a hefty shock coming up through the feet & if the lower limbs & Achilles tendons are not preconditioned to the stimulus it could be somewhat painful.

Unfortunately until I`ve tried I can`t give you a 100% honest answer at this stage :oops:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 pm

samurai69 wrote: its a good shoe from what i saw of them

You told me not to wear them when you were around :lol:

But yes they are a good shoe.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote: its a good shoe from what i saw of them

You told me not to wear them when you were around :lol:

But yes they are a good shoe.

thats because they look stupid and gay.....

same way if you wor a pink t shirt i wouldnt want you wearing it when i was around
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun May 08, 2011 7:27 pm

samurai69 wrote:thats because they look stupid and gay.....

same way if you wor a pink t shirt i wouldnt want you wearing it when i was around

Next time you visit I`ll get the pink Le Tigre t-shirt & pink Pringle jumper out of the shed & wear those :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Cookie wrote:

Next time you visit I`ll get the pink Le Tigre t-shirt & pink Pringle jumper out of the shed & wear those :finga:

you said it bud, in the shed.....!!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Cookie wrote:

you said it bud, in the shed.....!!!

LOL! if I owned pink clobber I'd probably keep it in the shed too :mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 am

Scott wrote:LOL! if I owned pink clobber I'd probably keep it in the shed too :mrgreen:

Its original 80`s retro gear along with 1 or 10 other items like a bright red Lacoste Harrington jacket :supz:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to All Things Running