It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:53 am
Change font size

All Things Running

NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Think Differently

Re: NEO by Vivo Barefoot

Postby Cookie » Sat May 21, 2011 3:41 pm

samurai69 wrote:used to walk along the sea front in portugal barefooted and it was always nice to feel the feet spread......clarks had something with the breadth of the foot all those years ago

They used to supply us with our work shoes. FANTASTIC footwear. Work dumped them for a cheap Doc Martin. Now we have a choice of a cheap MAGNUM (nothing like the ones used by the forces), Caterpillar trainer / shoe or boot. The Cat`s are just not wide enough & the cushioned sole disintegrates in about 2 months tops. MAGNUM`s are a decent wide fitting, quite water resistant but they have a cushioned sole so thick it looks like something out of the 70`s disco era. Again these last 3 months tops before heel is wearing through. The extra thick sole makes ankle movements very cumbersome & plays hell with my calves.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Just put my order in....we will see since I am a tweener size. Hopefully I erred in the right direction. :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Just put my order in....we will see since I am a tweener size. Hopefully I erred in the right direction. :mrgreen:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you :mrgreen:

Hope you have as much fun with them as I`ve had with mine recently. Like wearing them that much its hard taking them off for bed :oops:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu May 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Just put my order in....we will see since I am a tweener size. Hopefully I erred in the right direction. :mrgreen:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you :mrgreen:

Hope you have as much fun with them as I`ve had with mine recently. Like wearing them that much its hard taking them off for bed :oops:

We will see, I think they will be okay size wise. The biggest thing is going to be getting used to them on solid ground. Usually I only do barefoot training in sand and though I do where chucks for my workouts, I am a boot guy through and through. Pretty stoked about trying them though.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri May 27, 2011 4:51 am

Melas Zomos wrote:We will see, I think they will be okay size wise.

Big toe box & you will find it rather strange when you first put them on having your toes spread so much.

Melas Zomos wrote:The biggest thing is going to be getting used to them on solid ground. Usually I only do barefoot training in sand and though I do where chucks for my workouts,

Never sand trained & normally I used a similar type of shoe to you when training. Especially for squats.

Melas Zomos wrote:I am a boot guy through and through.

That sounds like an 80`s glam metal throw back. Boots, drainpipe jeans & bandana :mrgreen:

Melas Zomos wrote:Pretty stoked about trying them though.

Once your 100% confident in the sizing department & gotten over being 2 inches shorter :lol: you`ll buy some more because there are a number of benefits to getting out of regular heeled footwear & into minimalist shoes for some part of each day. IMHO.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon May 30, 2011 3:21 am

Cookie wrote:Never sand trained & normally I used a similar type of shoe to you when training. Especially for squats.

Really awesome. It just changes everything. I am working on putting a sand pit in the back yard for such purposes. Just have to figure out how to keep the neighborhood cats out ;-)

Cookie wrote:That sounds like an 80`s glam metal throw back. Boots, drainpipe jeans & bandana :mrgreen:

Throwback? When did it go away? :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon May 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Really awesome. It just changes everything. I am working on putting a sand pit in the back yard for such purposes. Just have to figure out how to keep the neighborhood cats out ;-)

A plastic bottle filled with water.

Melas Zomos wrote:Throwback? When did it go away? :mrgreen:

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

You got these yet or is the postal service as bad there as here?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Cookie wrote:A plastic bottle filled with water.
????? Do tell.

Cookie wrote:You got these yet or is the postal service as bad there as here?

No, it is not as bad here. It should be here today. Holiday weekend + super saver free shipping = an extra day or two :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue May 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:????? Do tell.

Something to do with it being another cat / creature so scares them off.

http://www.hintsandthings.com/garden/cats.htm

Melas Zomos wrote:No, it is not as bad here. It should be here today. Holiday weekend + super saver free shipping = an extra day or two :mrgreen:

Didn`t get free shipping. You just order before 1pm & they are delivered next day :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Cookie wrote:http://www.hintsandthings.com/garden/cats.htm

Off to the Zoo to barter for some "Lion" doodoo :mrgreen:
Neat suggestions though.

Melas Zomos wrote:Didn`t get free shipping. You just order before 1pm & they are delivered next day :finga:

Teaching myself patience, Grasshopper. :finga: Right back at you.

Got them last night, have them on now. I do admit they are quite comfortable, at least indoors. Have not taken them outside yet. They seem to fit just fine. Wearing them with socks and the insert at the moment.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Teaching myself patience, Grasshopper. :finga: Right back at you.

Don`t do patience. Then again compared to S69 I`m a Buddhist monk :mrgreen:

Melas Zomos wrote:Got them last night, have them on now. I do admit they are quite comfortable, at least indoors. Have not taken them outside yet. They seem to fit just fine. Wearing them with socks and the insert at the moment.

Good call with keeping socks & insoles in. TBH kept insoles & socks on 98% of the time I`ve worn them. Love the way they feel on the feet once I get my regulation work shoes off.

Which colour (color :finga: ) did you get?

I liked the white & green by whenever I wear white footwear my kids have a habit of standing all over them :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm

black and yellow
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running