It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 pm
Change font size

All Things Running

barefoot from diesel crew

Think Differently

barefoot from diesel crew

Postby samurai69 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: barefoot from diesel crew

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Nothing there that has not been said numerous times before.

Bandwagon jumping me thinks.

I disagree with this for instance:

This could be why the rate of ankle sprains and knee injuries for athletes in various sports has increased rather than decreased, despite the abundant options in athletic shoes. A September 2010 article by Laura Miler in "Becker's National Orthopedic and Spine Review" noted that "sports-related foot and ankle injuries are increasing among athletes," In fact, several studies have shown that those who wear high-priced, high-performance athletic shoes are actually more likely to suffer an injury.

Its not solely down to the use of sports shoes/trainers. I feel its more down to the fact that children growing up a decade after me & you were plonked in unsuitable footwear (trainers) far sooner than they should have been. Have not spent as much time as we did running around barefoot & now we are seeing the price of weak feet because they were not allowed to develop proprioceptive feedback & strength in those areas.

He also says that forces of up to 3 times body weight are sent up the body because of heel strikes.

Its well known that when running the impact forces anyway are 2.5 times body irrespective of how the foot lands in regular runners.

Again I thinks its bandwagon jumping.

There's nothing new there.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: barefoot from diesel crew

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

dont think its bandwagon jumping so much as a need to show your keeping up with it all

as for the quote part i agree with both of you

the problems started about with"jogging" and the trainer manufacturers jumped on the "BANDWAGON" then and designed shoes for heelk toe running and then started getting technical

all the trainers from those back in the 70s onwards have been geared towards protecting the runner, which is a good thingm
, b ut not for the sake of overall ability

club runner, competition runner, pro athlete, beginning runner, 50+, 40+, 8 stone, 28 stone...........all will have different needs and problems

then theres natural running preferance wether its heel toe naturally or forefoot naturally, heavy strike, pronation

then theres up bringing........shit the weathers so crap here i never go truelly barefoot, yet in portugal i was in sandals or barefoot through the summer far more

then theres where you run, sand running, sand dune lateral running etc etc etc

blah blah blah#

we can go on and on

good, bad or indifferant to it all
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to All Things Running