It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm
Change font size

All Things Running

Interesting test this weekend

Think Differently

Re: Interesting test this weekend

Postby Cookie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Right now this is what is popular, so there seem to be mudder races popping up left and right.

The one we did cost $200 for a team of 4, however all the proceeds went to a local Leukemia charity and one of my wresting buddies is on the board so supporting it was no biggie.

200.00 USD = 128.52 GBP at the moment so for a UK team of 4 to compete your looking at up to 500 GBP which is an insult. Lower depending on when you booked & paid for your place if you look at the prices I posted above.

With my race you had the option of donating to the hope for heroes charity.

[/quote]However, I do get your point and yes it is getting crazy, and yes charging fans sucks but I would have to see just how much overhead is involved as well as insurance before judging further. Remember we are SUE HAPPY over here. If someone spills coffee on themselves out of stupidity it certainly was not their fault, it was the place that made the coffee too hot.[/quote]

We had to sign a liability waiver not to sue. How much that covers the race organizers I don't know. With the number of entrants these races are attracting, beer & food at inflated prices then covering overheads shouldn't be that much of an issue for the established companies. Not to mention the extra revenue from interest earned on early bookings, merchandise & photographs of the days events, they would be quite stupid if they didn't make a substantial profit.

[/quote]Not giving refunds, now their is no excuse for that.[/quote]

Yeah a tad underhanded.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to All Things Running