It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:56 am
Change font size

All Things Running

Urbanathlon

Think Differently

Re: Urbanathlon

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:01 am

Scott wrote:ghost runner? never heard of him. Im gonna check it out though, sounds pretty interesting.

I'd seen the book crop up on Amazon when I was buying others books but never thought too much about it till I read an article in runners world.

totally digging that name..... The Ghost Runner :twisted:

Great isn't it? :grin:

I could go for that, what with me hating 'The Man' as much as I do :mrgreen:

I would pay to see you gatecrashing races :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Doing a marathon at the moment still brings nightmares :shock:

yeah. So many people complete them on regular occasions that I think they have probably lost a bit of the scare factor to the average person but if you have done any running whatsoever you can appreciate how difficult they must be. I tend to do the 3 mile run and honestly when Im finished I cant imagine doing it another 8 times in a row :shock:

I just had dinner with a chap that has done 29 marathons over the past five years, not including the 3 triathalons, or the ultra (100 mile) marathon :shock: :shock:
You guys are just insane! My feet hurt just thinking about it. I am glad I train for wrestling :mrgreen:

Hats off to you guys.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:38 am

Melas Zomos wrote:I just had dinner with a chap that has done 29 marathons over the past five years, not including the 3 triathalons, or the ultra (100 mile) marathon :shock: :shock:
You guys are just insane! My feet hurt just thinking about it. I am glad I train for wrestling :mrgreen:

Hats off to you guys.

I can't ever see me doing a Trialthlon or an Ironman. Not my cup of tea.

Anyone into improving themselves always ends up with an element of being insane in their attitude. Its the only way we manage to keep improving.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:03 am

the Triathlon is a hard sport....totally enjoyable

you should try one....you dont need to do an iron man,,, the sprints are fantastic

someting with a 5k run and 25k bike and what ever swim

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:31 am

Insane, yup. Aren't we all.
Had dinner again with the chap and talked more. I asked him about training and he does run everyday. Surprisingly, at least to me, he does a little over 5k a morning, but on weekends he does 20 miles.
Goes through shoes like crazy.
It took him 29 hrs to do one ultra marathon and 36 the latest, mainly because of the altitudes involved. Crazy stuff indeed.

I can see you doing a triathalon, btw. I give you 5yrs tops before it happens, less if Samurai 69 beats you to the punch :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I asked him about training and he does run everyday. Surprisingly, at least to me, he does a little over 5k a morning, but on weekends he does 20 miles.

Seen a lot of people approach their training that way because of work commitments.

Maybe you should consider joining us in doing this.

Goes through shoes like crazy.

Bet he does. I'm too tight so limit by mileage :lol:

It took him 29 hrs to do one ultra marathon and 36 the latest, mainly because of the altitudes involved. Crazy stuff indeed.

At present I couldn't get my head around running for that long. Done a 3+hour training run & that was enough.

I can see you doing a triathalon, btw. I give you 5yrs tops before it happens, less if Samurai 69 beats you to the punch :mrgreen:

=;

I have no intention of doing a triathlon as things currently stand. Its never even entered into my thinking or long term racing plans.

I'll let you two show me how its done :butthead:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Email about race.

Its looking like fun :grin:

On the day you can look forward to hot refreshments at the start / finish area as well as a gazebo set up for free physiotherapy and massage. This year we have some fantastic obstacles for you with old favourites including the rock wall, foam pit and the Firefighters water slide.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Getting close & getting nervous.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Wondering if the weather will get any better before tomorrow :-k

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 am

The day has arrived.

Tight back, tight calf's, broken sleep with a sick kid, wind howling & rain thrashing down.

Perfect preparation :twisted:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Race report in next few days.

Starting to seize up now :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Cookie wrote:Starting to seize up now :lol:

Sounds like a success then :supz:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running